Perfect Magazine Issue #6.5 2024 : Rihanna by Rafael Pavarotti

The last one looks very Vs. Magazine.

Google images

Last edited:
Did she go somewhere? I feel like she's still consistently seen all the time despite not releasing music in ages? This has gotta be at least like her 3rd time covering a mag this year too (let alone all the social media shoots she always does for her brands)
She's releasing a Fenty hair line. That's why she's doing the rounds.

And she gives it up every time! excited to get my hands on the first cover

This genuinely feels like the most electric and most creative magazine cover I've seen in what feels like forever, and I'm not exactly a massive Rihanna fan. I love this! Massively into Rafael Pavarotti lately, who seems to show up to work and want to show OUT. All three covers are fantastic but I love the second the most.

The shot with the cigarette is awesome. Rihanna doing vintage Madonna way way way superior than Madonna does her vintage self these days. Instant homage to this supreme Herb Ritts shot:

Page2-Madonna-JUNE1990-scaled.jpg
I think among pop stars, Rihanna is the closest to Madonna in terms of imagery. Not even Gaga as we thought. Is she making music? She was a hit machine a decade ago.

^ it's code for I need music.
Quite the same here. Last tune she released left me hungry for something else after 30 secs of listening.
So many lonely nights were colored up by Rihanna's music.
So many cheesy dancing afternoons with @mariemaud were fueled up by some of Riri's hits.
Now, I have to sit and smile (or smirk) at her Fenty fantasies.
Want her to shake back my ears if not more.

Gotta love those pictures, though. Once in a lil while does Perfect perfectly please my (obviously difficult, deficient and spoilt) eye.

Quite the same here. Last tune she released left me hungry for something else after 30 secs of listening.
So many lonely nights were colored up by Rihanna's music.
So many cheesy dancing afternoons with @mariemaud were fueled up by some of Riri's hits.
Now, I have to sit and smile (or smirk) at her Fenty fantasies.
Want her to shake back my ears if not more.
Omg is this circa the Umbrella days and when you guys were on Qvest? why do I feel like I was there! 😅

I was thinking it’s been forever since we got a new album from her and just did the math and it’s been 8 (!!) years! no wonder. Loud takes me back to a gym I used to visit back when I started doing cardio and thought doing it at 6 am was a great idea, they’d play the entire thing all morning (and fyi early morning cardio is a fantastic start of the day but you couldn’t pay me to do that now lol).. now I play it as a last resort, to guilt trip myself whenever too many days without running have gone by. ANTI is just so LA in my mind.. 🍃

I'm totally fine never hearing music from her again. These covers are great. Posing for magazines is much better suited for those who are a bit short on talent.

...so this cover was to promote the hairline, right?
Cause after that retired shirt last week. Ain't no music coming soon.

Like these covers, the second one on the white backdrop with the digitally elongated neck was giving Cruella vibes. Animated version from back in the day, pre-Glenn Close. Not mad at it.

This genuinely feels like the most electric and most creative magazine cover I've seen in what feels like forever, and I'm not exactly a massive Rihanna fan. I love this! Massively into Rafael Pavarotti lately, who seems to show up to work and want to show OUT. All three covers are fantastic but I love the second the most.
Agree with you. Pavarotti has done some great work since that Supermodel September issue.

Omg is this circa the Umbrella days and when you guys were on Qvest? why do I feel like I was there! 😅

I was thinking it’s been forever since we got a new album from her and just did the math and it’s been 8 (!!) years! no wonder. Loud takes me back to a gym I used to visit back when I started doing cardio and thought doing it at 6 am was a great idea, they’d play the entire thing all morning (and fyi early morning cardio is a fantastic start of the day but you couldn’t pay me to do that now lol).. now I play it as a last resort, to guilt trip myself whenever too many days without running have gone by. ANTI is just so LA in my mind.. 🍃
Heck yeah, those were the Qvest days! Felt like we were superstars back then, haha. Ringed quite funny as she sings "maybe in magazines, but you'll still be my star" or something of that kind in Umbrella.

Also had some fun moments with S&M, when we used to drink cider early in the morning (instead of cardio :ninjas: ) wandering in the empty city streets like stray dogs and alley cats. I guess I have some memories for each song of her that I like... Just like with every singer/band I enjoy listening to.

So much went on since those days... And yes, it's been a trainwrecking while since we had a proper album for the last time. The last tune she released (not in any album I think) was just like maple syrup. Too much sugar and lacking that special spice that thrills me from dusk to dawn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suriiyy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->