Pierpaolo Piccioli - Designer

I was not on the look out for this but can't say I'm too sad by it. I thoroughly enjoyed his Valentino, his couture was one of the shows I looked forward to each season and believe he gave us some of the most modern propositions of couture/elevated dressing.

The all black collection now makes sense haha.

I hope he goes to Givenchy or to shake things up goes to Max Mara, not that I think Ian Griffiths is leaving anytime soon...

GREAT NEWS !
I enjoyed his collections, but then it became all one-note, boring, and borderline tacky. Tisci at Valentino could be good !
Tisci could be good if he is willing to be present in the studio. He can do elevated, glamorous clothing. I don't want to go to Valentino for streetwear though, which was my problem with Pierpaolo's menswear.

For me this is not good news at all.
PP has been a wonderful CD, all the more so since he went solo in 2016. Valentino as we know it today is HIS Valentino. Some collections might have worked better than others (and where else this does not happen?) and there might have been some sense of fatigue creeping in as of late, but his last RTW collections proved that he could still deliver.
As for the random name-throwing that I read in the threads: Michele? Really? Tisci? Still? Burton? Again? (She keeps being mentioned for pretty much any vacant CD post in here, regardless of the brand).

I'm afraid many of you will be very disappointed by the reality of it...

What about him at balenciaga? Balenciaga going back to an elegant and timeless couture and becoming relevant again for a more mature target… I could totally see him doing Balenciaga Couture with a Cristobal approach…

I had a feeling that this was coming once I heard that they were selling some percentage of the brand there will be more of this to come by the end of the year more designers stepping down because nobody's purchasing anything also the fashion press and the fashion lovers just by reading the upper comments people want too much they want something new every 3 to 4 weeks that's too much the designers are not able to come up with something that fast. I think he will truly retire and that will be the end of him which is unfortunate. I watch this all black show and it was truly remarkable and beautiful but once you go into the stores and you start to want to purchase things everything is over $10,000 everything.

I'm an American so think about this. If you're in America in a major city and you are a young woman or a young man or an older one whatever and you pay rent, you are paying between $1,500 to $5,000 a month on rent now they are trying to seduce you to buy a pocketbook for $5,000 the dream is lost in the economy it doesn't make sense for anyone to try to purchase something at that price range. And these brands cannot survive off of the super rich alone they need the bottom to prop them up the bottom customers who buy one or two items a year one bag a year lipstick perfumes are what keeps these houses profitable. I believe one of the biggest selling brands of this year will be Sheen and pretty little things which is not fashion at all or is it?

What a relief! I absolutely loved his first 2-3 years at Valentino, but really since then, it’s been one cheap, one-dimensional looking mess.

Who will replace him? Have no clue. It’s not gonna be anyone good, that’s for sure. Lol.

what glorious news!

200.gif

please don't pick some lame, insipid, internal hire still mentally ball-and-chained to the memory of his or her predecessor to this house.

nor wait so long to hire someone that the atelier is left to their aimless, hapless devices in creating a confusingly flat, nondescript collection.

we need an experience, confident, logical designer who genuinely understand the genetics of valentino. bring back glamour! could vauthier handle a house of this magnitude? iono, but i hope he is considered.

I think there was a nice story arc with his tenure at Valentino. It doesn't feel like he overstayed his visit and he's ready to start a new chapter.

what glorious news!

200.gif

please don't pick some lame, insipid, internal hire still mentally ball-and-chained to the memory of his or her predecessor to this house.

nor wait so long to hire someone that the atelier is left to their aimless, hapless devices in creating a confusingly flat, nondescript collection.

we need an experience, confident, logical designer who genuinely understand the genetics of valentino. bring back glamour! could vauthier handle a house of this magnitude? iono, but i hope he is considered.
Very uncalled for if you don't like him go look at something else, and he is the designer with the credit that you are talking about in your comment, he had experience confident and a logical designer

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefashionfetishist
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->