Pierre Cardin S/S 2025 Paris

If they wants to make the Cardin name relevant, maybe holding exhibitions would be better than doing shows…
I’m curious to know who goes to those shows.

If they wants to make the Cardin name relevant, maybe holding exhibitions would be better than doing shows…
Suzy for sure goes it reminds her of her youth :evil: (and the invention of the fax machine).
But I am here for a Cardin space fashion revival... I'd love to see it much better executed, because the tailoring and fabric choice here is still very amateurish.

This is very bad
But to be honest, put these clothes on proper show girls Dana Smith or Libby Bennet, you would get a JW Anderson London show

You know with a hard, hard edit and a better colourist this wouldn’t be half as bad. Maybe less than half as bad, but there’s so much good potential to go with a brand like Pierre Cardin.

I think it will forever be stuck in its duty-free, over merchandised/licensed state. Which is a shame, as Cardin was such a pioneer at the time whilst also having such a beautifully classical background. His skirt suits and coats from the 50s and pre space-age 60s are rather sublime in line and cut.

I thought there WAS a Pierre Cardin museum... but it appears to be closed. Which, somehow, doesn't surprise me. I wonder if they're still fighting about his estate. Cardin had really lovely designs before the Space Age stuff in the 1950s/1960s, the cuts of some of those outfits still feels a bit modern.

Any insight on what's going on with a competing museum @yslforever? :lol:

The only good I see on this runway is the surprise re-appearance of Natalia Belova (Olivier Theyskens' house model at Rochas), that’s about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
multibabydoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->