Pink Timberland Boots

Well anything in the flat, ugly- yet practical category. The ugg phenomenon still boggles my mind though. Even though I think they look silly on most people at least some trends are moving in the direction of practicality. It just doesn't make sense to wear manolos in the snow.

Timberland and pink shouldn't be in the same sentence. Especially if the latter is used to describe the former

Lets not be so closed in judgements here. Lets face it ,Tims are for prople that that love them and the lifestyle and music that those people embrace. Those people still nfluence style around the world. Urban style, ghetto Fab whatever the latest term is a huge vehical for style, fashion, music and culture. I personally do not wear Tims, and i can not understand why Uggs are so popular either. But I will not diss anyone for wearing them. Tims are not a trend they are part of a lifestyle, just as Doc M, Manahlos, Vans and Wingtips are, in my humble opinion.

So true, clay. :rolleyes: People copy the hip hop style left, right and centre without even knowing it yet they scream in disgust at anything "ghetto". I have a lot of respect for hip hop style... not necessarily a style I like to wear but at least it was created out of some of the poorest neighbourhoods in the US, not copied off of some runway.

Well i think there cute and i even think the Regular Timberland boots and the ones with the heels are so cute. Plus the timberland company will always come out wit new styles of them so.. i'm not in a disagreement

Originally posted by FashionVixen+Jun 4th, 2004 - 4:12 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FashionVixen @ Jun 4th, 2004 - 4:12 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-banana@Jun 2nd, 2004 - 11:31 pm
Leyla, nobody buys boots for fashion purposes... I think. Only to keep your toes from getting frostbitten or to keep your good shoes from getting ruined. :ninja:
Ugggs? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
Took the words right outta my mouth :wink:

Originally posted by banana@Jun 5th, 2004 - 12:22 pm
So true, clay. :rolleyes: People copy the hip hop style left, right and centre without even knowing it yet they scream in disgust at anything "ghetto". I have a lot of respect for hip hop style... not necessarily a style I like to wear but at least it was created out of some of the poorest neighbourhoods in the US, not copied off of some runway.
You are right also. I am even quick to say I do the urban thing, yet I remember the other day I wore
A dkny navy pinstripe stripe blazer, white shirt and big baggy, carpenter pants from gap. they are honestly the biggest
pair of pants i have ever worn in the last 15 years, i used to be heavy into Girbaud though in mid eighties.
And i see the look i was wearing in all the vids and kids walking around and is both hip hop and sort of trendy at the same time. i actually like it alot know especially with all the positive comments i got.

Originally posted by banana+Jun 2nd, 2004 - 9:31 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (banana @ Jun 2nd, 2004 - 9:31 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Leyla, nobody buys boots for fashion purposes... I think. Only to keep your toes from getting frostbitten or to keep your good shoes from getting ruined. :ninja:[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-banana
@Jun 5th, 2004 - 10:22 am
So true, clay. :rolleyes: People copy the hip hop style left, right and centre without even knowing it yet they scream in disgust at anything "ghetto". I have a lot of respect for hip hop style... not necessarily a style I like to wear but at least it was created out of some of the poorest neighbourhoods in the US, not copied off of some runway. [/quote]

:huh:

Originally posted by clay+Jun 5th, 2004 - 5:29 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clay @ Jun 5th, 2004 - 5:29 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-banana@Jun 5th, 2004 - 12:22 pm
[/b][/quote]
:innocent: You mean you can respect something that started in the inner city among people
that took what was already out their wore it and styled it their way. Mixed together with Prep, Jock,
, Gansta ( and *****), and Hustler. It actually changed the world. All this coming from a music and culture everyone just thought was annoying or merely interesteng at best and would not last. :rolleyes:

Timberlands were always just standard working boots that you buy cheap from a construction worker's supply store. People only wore them because they weren't too pricey and can take a lot of abuse. As with most original hip hop clothing- just oversized clothing obtained cheaply. Even the bling was makeshift. It was only recently that they started putting labels on it.

Originally posted by twilight fairy@Jun 6th, 2004 - 5:45 am
Can someone please post a pic?  :flower:
Are these the ones that are being discussed here? I'm not totally sure what I think about them.
I do find them a bit ugly... :blink:

Attachments

• these.jpg
    these.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 0
Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Jun 6th, 2004 - 11:16 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (purplelucrezia @ Jun 6th, 2004 - 11:16 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-twilight fairy@Jun 6th, 2004 - 5:45 am
Are these the ones that are being discussed here? I'm not totally sure what I think about them.
I do find them a bit ugly... :blink: [/b][/quote]
:shock:

Originally posted by ahhGucci+Jun 5th, 2004 - 1:52 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ahhGucci @ Jun 5th, 2004 - 1:52 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by FashionVixen@Jun 4th, 2004 - 4:12 am
<!--QuoteBegin-banana
@Jun 2nd, 2004 - 11:31 pm
Leyla, nobody buys boots for fashion purposes... I think.  Only to keep your toes from getting frostbitten or to keep your good shoes from getting ruined.  :ninja:

Ugggs? :rolleyes:
Took the words right outta my mouth :wink: [/b][/quote]
Uggs were orginally worn by surfers for practical reasons. In the ugg threads most of the owners said they only wear them for comfort. Sure there are always some people who wear stuff only to copy some subculture, but even when the trend passes there are still some of us that need to keep our feet warm and dry for %50 of the year.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Jun 6th, 2004 - 11:16 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (purplelucrezia @ Jun 6th, 2004 - 11:16 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-twilight fairy@Jun 6th, 2004 - 5:45 am
I do find them a bit ugly... :blink: [/b][/quote]
:yuk:

Those are ugly. I thought they'd be like the regular construction boot but in pink. :yuk:

they are !! but they are equally as horrid as those ones trust me they are horrible !! :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->