Please Help Me With My Homework/Research/Survey

Most abercrombie ads are too racy to show to children.... Some of their catalogs were available to people 18 and older, I thought...

I remember they did this one catalog a while back where almost everone in it was naked... and it showed one guy tied up... parents were outraged.. so they made it more exclusive..

I dunno... this all reminds me of the movie "The people Vs. Larry Flynt"... if you've seen it, you'll understand.

If certain rights are taken away from us, who is to say that all of our other rights will remain intact....

If a parent sees that a magazine is too adult for their child, they retain the RIGHT to not buy that magazine..

Just as people retain the right to not buy p*rno mags... It's our choice, that is important... not whether nudity is used in advertisements or not.

LOL, you probably already did your debate thing... but i thought I'd just add my two cents

Last edited by a moderator:
Homework: Help with my design paper brief.

Any help will be gladly received:

I have been set a rough brief of :
'Promotional wear/products for Leisure centres'

I think I'll be doing clothing garments, along the lines of; sweatshirts, support tops, gilets, jogging pants, tracksuits, shorts, capri/pedal pusher length legging with jersey knit wrapround miniskirts etc, T-shirts, Caps, possibly swimwear. (If anyone could think of other stuff please add).

I'm not sure to what extent the brief will be defined on the day (next tuesday), so I'm trying to cover a few areas.

If anyone knows of any designers off the top of their heads who tend to do sportswear/leisurewear type clothing/ranges. An obvious one is the recent collaboration Stella McCartney and Adidas.

Any information would be of great help :flower:

thanks hanne, I'll have a look at it :flower: .....I just let the website load and nearly had a coronary when the music came on.

:lol:

Karl Lagerfeld did snowboarder wear and gear some while back..but I don't know if that fits into your theme..

fab_fifties_fille, a few brands I can think of right now are (I'll get back with you on this when I'll be able to think of a few more:(

-American Apparel
-Francois Beaurgard for Space FB (Montreal designer)

But these are more comfy and a BIT sporty style, not as sport orientated as other brands......

Going with the whole sports brands collaboration thing... Y-3 by Yohji Yamamoto for Adidas. Fred Perry by Comme Des Garcons. Puma by Jil Sander. Puma by Neil Barrett. Puma by that Japanese guy who's name starts with 'M'. Converse by Eley Kishimoto.

Most of the above were both shoes and clothing ranges...

Going a bit further back, Emilio Pucci was a celebrity sportsman, hence the liberal use of spandex and production of a lot of skiwear. He was one of the pioneers of sports/casual wear in Italian fashion. Nearly all the big name Italian designers do capsule sports collections these days. If you want to see the original sports meets fashion fusion look up the American designer, Ann McCardell.

If you really must...there are threads on Galliano Golf and Galliano Surf on tFS...remember your sick-bag if you take a visit though.

Can someone volunteer to correct an essay in English I wrote. I should take no more than 3 minutes if English is your first language (since this is for an english as second language course)......!!!!? :flower:

Depends on how long it is.. my attention span is getting smaller and smaller the later it gets :rofl:

I need help for my English course.... ...again. Takes no more than 2 minutes if English is your first language! ^_^

french lessons

pls. write phonetics so i can pronounce it properly! thanks!

Nous sommes au stand de F.C. mod' au salon du pret-a-porter. Vincent, le responsable de l'organisation, attend Veronique pour regarder les photos pour le catalogue. Il lui telephone. Elle arrive avec Marine, la photographe. Des journalistes se presentent sur le stand pour la presentation de la nouvelle collection. Apres le salon, dans les bureaux de F.C. mod', Vincent envoie un message electronique a Veronique.

this is an assignment from my french proffeseur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->