Please Help Me With My Homework/Research/Survey

Survey on beauty counter staff

Hi everyone,

I'm currently conducting a study on the psychology of uniforms, with part of my focus being on the uniforms of retail staff working in the beauty sector. I have strong opinions on some brands's uniforms, but now I want to hear what other people think! It would be a huge help if you could take part in the below survey – will only take a few mins to fill in.

Thanks in advance!

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/3P3K9JZ

Me too ... US ... and I don't recognize those uniforms either.

I think your views on the uniforms is relevant regardless if they are worn where you live. We hardly have any uniforms (or beauty boutiques) in my country. I think I have seen some of those uniforms on holidays though.

ba400c86a154982093e755db6ba2298d.jpg

Please Help - Survey Participants needed for Dissertation Research about Brands

Hi everyone,

As a fellow follower of fashion forums, I was hoping that you might help me.

As part of my Masters degree I have designed a study for my final dissertation module; would you take a few minutes to complete my survey at the link below? The survey aims to explore how you interact with others about your brands (the brands that you choose).

http://abergeography.eu.qualtrics.co...YuEHrbsDBAwKmF

This survey is really important for my degree, so please help me to complete it. Obviously, your responses will be strictly confidential (Aberystwyth University guarantees this) and your identity will be anonymised by the survey software.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Thank you,

Ceri x

A question for Fashion forward moms.

Hi moms (and dads of course),

I have a specific question for my graduation project:

What brands would you like to develop a children's wear line and why?

A million times thanks! xxx

Black and white models together

I’m doing a project and looking for editorials/shoots of black male models with white female models or visa versa. We’re beginning to see more diversity on the runway, but it seems this is still a rare pairing in the fashion world...I could find very little in terms of shoots with a google search. If you know of any fashion shoots done with this pairing, please post below.

So to make sure, you want editorials where it's a male/female pairing where one is white and the other is black?

Karlie Kloss/Cam Newton for Vogue US october 2016 editorial

Vogue Paris November 2007, Carolyn with Andre J

Sebastian Sauve and Ajak Deng: Night Crawlers, 7th Man Magazine Fall Winter 2015

There was the LeBron James Vogue cover. I can think of a few different shoots like this that Vogue has done ...

Thanks everyone! Any others? I’m looking for more of a classic high fashion style. Please post if you know of any others!

In Vogue US "Show of Strength" editorial.

models

An easy way to track down a larger volume of pictures would be to make a list of black high fashion models and make searches like "naomi campbell editorial male", and you will find quite a few. I am not good on model names, so I can't really help you make a list unfortunately.

Clothing identity survey

Hi! I'm Mikael a last year fashion design student from LUAS Institute of Design.
I'm doing a thesis research concerning 'identity supporting clothing' for which I have made a survey I wish to have more answers.

Questions include filling your personal facts - optional, only age is mandatory. Questions are mostly multiple choice but involves also some writing - you can write shortly or lengthly, how you feel they evoke thoughts.

Link to survey is here below:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NrCi6-5pUltGUN8RTjKaMWucmjWWXT8_bKMQnJluSzU/edit

Thank you for your time and answers!

Mikael Petraeus
Student, Fashion design
Institute of Design
Lahti University of Applied Sciences

How clothing affects and supports identities?

As fashion enthusiasts, designers and other professionals working in the field of fashion industry how you feel - how clothing affects and supports identities?

Identity comprehends several particles which are for example:
age / generation
body experience
personal history
profession
status
values
sphere of culture

How these identifying factors affect our identities? How they show in clothing?
Is there variables that have bigger impact on clothing than others? Can other minor factors be seen in details or accessories? You can tell your experiences or perceptions.

Purpose of this thread is to produce material for thesis research but also serve as open conversation among other topics. I wish to have answers in linear order to sections written in this introduction, you can also present your views to opinions of other participants (complementaries, contradictions). I would also like to remind you that as this is an academic research, critical views on research of itself are also welcome, you can leave them last. Otherwise I wish we can have diverse and open conversation under the topic!

Mikael Petraeus
Student, fashion design
Insitute of Design
Lahti University of Applied Sciences (LUAS)

Some background, so you can see where my opinions come from. I have worked as a stylist ... print work for retail clients and local Los Angeles designers. My specialty was plus sizing, although I did regular sizes and men's too. I also was called upon by plus sized private clients who wanted to up their wardrobe and plus size models who needed to do a photo shoot for their professional portfolios.

So my perspective is heavily focused on body image. I am assuming that by "body experience" your are talking about that .. how someone perceives their own body as compared to an"ideal".

I find that the right clothing helps a lot to bolster someones self esteem and body image but it can only do so much. By "right clothing" I mean something that disguised any perceived "flaws" and accentuated any perceived "assets". So, for a woman who thinks her hips might be too large, I might shift the focus to her bust line, narrow waist or shapely legs (whatever her best features were). But I don't think that just the clothing alone did that. I think that by talking to them and pointing out their "assets" and showing them how the eye is now focusing on the good, not the problem area ... that was what helped their self esteem the most. Of course, a life long feeling of being "too ... whatever" sometimes cannot be overcome with nice new clothing and encouraging comments. But sometimes, in a person who is ready to believe it ... it helps.

I currently volunteer my time with men and women who are struggling to find jobs ... mostly due to poverty, previous drug abuse, previous incarceration and emotional issues. Our organization coaches them how to do a good job interview and how to write a resume. And we also give them business appropriate clothing for job interviews. I work one on one with the clients, dressing them for those job interviews.

I find it very interesting that when you put a guy who has only worn gang banger attire his whole life, puts on his first suit and tie with dress shoes and belt ... that almost every one of them will stand taller, puff their chests out, and pose in front of the mirror. I see a visible shift in how they feel about themselves ... the tough guy attitude melts and another person seems to arrive. I will see a new guy who is polite, respectful ... and grateful. So ... I would say, that clothing does "make the man" ... at least to a small degree.

Now women are more difficult to dress for the job interviews. They worry about changing their look, worry about looking too old or too conservative. Some just hate to wear a dress or skirt ... or even dress slacks. It takes a lot longer to find something that is business appropriate ... that they will even try on. But ... when you get it right, they too light up and get excited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bernadette Corporation -

hey,
i am trying to research on the bernadette corporation.
does anyone have anything that will help me?

thanks! :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->