Please Help Me With My Homework/Research/Survey

Most FW's require a large payment and have standards your brand must meet. I don't know anything about SPFW. however.

Did you check their site? http://ffw.com.br/spfw/verao-2016-rtw/

I can't read Portuguese, so I can't tell you anything ... but there might be some information on the site, if you dig deep enough. There might also be a Public Relations firm named on this site, so that company would probably have the information ... if you can figure out who is doing their PR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks BetteT.

Unfortunately their website doesn't say anything about it, I know the company that does their PR. But I haven't thought about asking them about it, great idea, thanks.

Survey on vegan fashion

Hi there!

I would be really thankful, if you could spare a few minutes to complete a survey concerning vegan and animal friendly fashion: http://goo.gl/forms/ro3zOMJKdR

It’s for my masters’ thesis and you can enter my giveaway to win a designer faux leather clutch, if you like.

Discussion for Fashion Writers - working in magazines, publishing, blogging

I'm looking for some more insight into Fashion Writing and the education/career opportunities that lie within it and would really appreciate some input from you lovely professionals in the industry! From journalists, copy writers, authors, bloggers, etc, If any of you have a little time to spare to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it! I'd love to know more about various aspects of the industry, from uni courses and if you feel your education benefitted you or what you would have liked to have learned that would have helped you career-wise and to how easy or difficult it has been to find employment in writing.

I'm a freelance copy editor myself and just wondering how many others are in similar positions, we could provide an interesting insight to those starting out or thinking of entering the industry - the pros and cons, and realistic expectations of work, etc, are information I didn't have when I chose to work with the editorial side of fashion and would love to share thoughts and advice with you all, and learn others points of views too!

Welcome to the Fashion Spot!

I'm not a fashion writer ... but I thought I'd refer you to some threads where you might find some helpful information:

Fashion Journalism

Advice about Starting & Promoting a Fashion Blog - See Post #1 for Thread Rules - #2

Freelance Fashion Jounalism

How do Bloggers get Paid for their Blog?

Advice About Fashion Copywriting

How to approach magazines with your blog/portfolio/etc.

What Education is Needed to get into Magazines / Publishing?

Careers / Jobs / Positions in Magazine Publishing

These are only a few threads that talk about various forms of writing in fashion. Marketing and Public Relations companies also use writers ... we have threads about both of those topics, too. Just use our search tool ... the one on the upper right: "Search this Forum" and use those as keywords for your search and to refine it more, click on "search thread titles only".

What do you expect during the Fashion Week Videos

Hello Guys,

A quick survey and waiting for your answers~

I am about to start my journey for the fashion week of Milan and Paris as a reporter. Also intend to make some interesting videos.

Tell me what do you want to see the most, beside the regular runway recording or the sparkling comments from the front row?

:P:P:P cheers

Hello everyone, I'm currently in my last bachelor year and for a class we need to do an interview with a professional who works in the industry we aspire to work in. As my dream is to work in fashion I was wondering if any of those who work in the industry wanted to help me, I would really appreciate that.
Thanks in advance

Hello, guys! Please help me!

I need to find what kinda prices range is the best for contemporary or luxury new wave brands?

Thank you!

I don't completely understand your question when you ask about the "best prices".

If you are talking about setting prices and your price point for a line of clothes that you will manufacture, you might find some helpful information here, in these threads:

All about Starting your Own Label /Line ... See post #1 for related threads

Selling my Line to Buyers/Boutique Owners

What Does It Really Cost To Make Those Clothes?

Or, if you are talking about how to set selling prices as a retailer ... there's actually a formula, based on the wholesale cost of what you buy ... that info was posted a long time ago, possibly in one of these threads:

Retail Markups? What should I charge?

Opening & Operating a Retail Store / Boutique (Brick & Mortar or On-Line)

Or, if you are talking about buying clothes (retail) from good lines that have fairly low prices ... you should ask that question in Shop Till You Drop ... it's where all the shoppers share information and tips.

Hope this will direct you to the answer you seek.

Assignment help- Budgets for ad/photoshoot campaigns

Hi everyone. As part of an assignment for college I have to create a project plan/budget based on an editorial/advertorial campaign. I have chosen the dolce and Gabbana #italia is love, but am finding it hard to get estimates.

Does anyone know the general amount a company like D&G would spend to create this photoshoot?

What about photographers, hair and makeup and a top stylist? I read somewhere that Annie Leibovitz charges around $250,000 a day so I was thinking about using that as an estimate for photography.

Thanks for your help! :D:heart:

Whoa! That information probably isn't out there. Everything is always negotiated, so it could vary widely.

Here are some tidbits that I have heard ... that can give you an idea how expensive this can be.

- I had a photographer who visited a friend at US Vogue and was told that top photogs can get paid $50,000 a day just for an editorial. Eds are the low end of the scale ... Ads are at the top end of the scale so it could be way more than that, if they are hiring a top gun. So $250,000 a day seems reasonable to me.
Remember this is per day, so you have to factor in how many days of shooting your campaign might take.

- Years ago, top stylists were paid as much as $6000 a day ... plus you pay for their assistants too.

- You would probably hire someone to be in charge of all of this too ... an art director/producer or something like that ... and a staff to help keep it all organized, keep everyone on schedule, to get all the locations set up in advance, make sure that if it's being shot in another country that everyone has passports and/or work permits, etc.

- What about props and staging? That would require hiring a prop stylist, too ... and rental fees for those things.

- And don't forget about all the other things, besides your crew and models: insurance, vehicles, location or studio rental fees, dressing rooms/tents if you are on location, craft services (meals and snacks), and possibly hotel rooms for everyone if you are on location. A photo shoot is like bringing together a small city for a few days or a week ... and it's very complex.

I filled it out. Not sure what you consider "luxury" though. I consider Chanel and Dior luxury but not for example Isabel Marant. And all designers have some items that are entry level priced and other items which are true luxury in terms of price...

Also, this question I did not get. "Do you feel like fashion brands need to represent your lifestyle?" - As in I would not buy from designer X if it did not completely portray on a whole what I want to portray on a whole?

Please Help - Volunteers Needed for Dissertation Research about Fashion Bloggers

Hello! My name is Miranda Williams and I am a PhD candidate in the Department of Consumer, Apparel, and Retail Studies at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG). I'm currently working on my dissertation, which is focused on "what it means to be a fashion blogger." Primarily, I am concerned with how bloggers develop identities through the relationships they have with fashion.

I'm at the stage in my dissertation where I am recruiting participants to interview for my study. Specifically, I am looking for fashion bloggers who meet the following criteria:

(1) Have a blog that has been active for the past 12 months
(2) Upload two or more fashion related posts per week
(3) Have at least 200 followers on their blog and/or Instagram account
(4) Respond to the comments of audience members on their blog and/or Instagram account

I'm also looking to interview individuals who read and/or follow fashion blogs.

If you are interested in participating in my study, or know someone who might be interested, please message me here or send an email to [email protected]. Thank you!:smile:

Need help with research for Uni project

Hey fashion spotters!

I have this project that I have been working on for university and need to do a survey. Can you all help out? This place seemed like a good idea since people interested in fashion frequent the forums. Thank you very much!

https://goo.gl/forms/APdvdKqrVt76lWa22

^ I'm curious why a university project would be so brand-specific?

It's a live project where we are conducting research for newish/start up brands and doing a study of their business whilst exploring possible opportunities that could be made as recommendations. Basically an entrepreneurial strategy report.

Fashion Research/Survey Exchange Forum

Hello everyone,

I need some more responses for my survey on British millennials (18 - 35 years old) and the luxury fashion market.

Here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...K9ztAL_NDRnIHJYHArOqeT8lyNAA/viewform?c=0&w=1

I was thinking we could start a survey exchange for those of us studying/researching fashion to help each other out! Please feel free to post yours here and I'll gladly do yours!

Thank you so much! :smile:^_^

It's a live project where we are conducting research for newish/start up brands and doing a study of their business whilst exploring possible opportunities that could be made as recommendations. Basically an entrepreneurial strategy report.

Thanks for the info. I took the survey :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->