Please Help Me With My Homework/Research/Survey

Alexander McQueen Savage Beauty by Andrew Bolton

Hey everyone!

I am doing a paper on McQueen and was wondering if anyone knew where I can find Andrew Bolton's Savage Beauty as an ebook or if it's even available in digital form. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Where is the creativity in the fashion industry?

Dear all,

I am interested on create interesting topics of discussion. I would really appreciate your input on my threads. So...

Fashion industry is packed with collections, runways and Brands, either new designers or stablished ones. The quantity of fashion Labels forming each month around the world is massive and the industry cannot keep up with the amount of creativity wanting to be exposed to the public. With thousands of fashion companies (some being relevant and others not so much relevant, from small to the biggest, or with big or small size production), the industry is saturated and its creativity is suffering greatly due to the fast pace on the quantity of collections released each year and the monopoly of the fast fashion market.

I would like to know your opinion about the actual fashion industry and the issues related with the lack of creativity from brands and why this has happened. Please give your opinion and expand the topic as much as you can.

Would you say the fashion industry is creative enough? Or could it be more creative?
Do you think fashion brands are different enough from one another?
Would you say fast fashion is killing creativity and fast fashion retailers should be more creative?
Is the industry going too fast? Should they slow down and develop better and more defined concepts?

Thank you for your opinions.:smile:

Is the today's consumer following any real fashion industry?

Dear all,

I am interested on create interesting topics of discussion. I would really appreciate your input on my threads. So...

Seasonal collections depend heavily on trend forecasting, as a result from social, political, economic and technological changes, being able to predict what is going to come next and incorporate those changes within the fashion industry creative process and, later on, the creation of such clothes.
On the other hand, as a response from these changes, different social movements are emerging with an anti-fashion attitude. People do not construct their wardrobes following some particular brands, abandoning the feel, price points or even the image that clothing Label can give to the wearer. Instead, women and men make the choice completely based on how they feel and literally combining anything with anything else without any ruling from the fashion industry.

I would like to know your opinion about this rebellion against the fashion industry itself and how fashion brands can do to follow the people’s initiative instead of imposing their own industry standards.

Would you say that society is still being ruled by the fashion industry? If so, is this going to signify the end of Brands as they are today?
Is any relevance on advertising and presenting a Brand to a certain demographic?
Do you like to make your own wardrobe or do you prefer to follow brands guidelines?

Thank you for your opinions.:smile:

Does the creative educational sector need more funding?

Dear all,

Fashion and creative course in general receive limited funding as it is ranked very low on any educational sector worldwide, due to its irrelevance on the development of social or political advancement.
The limitation on governmental funding on the creative arts impacts heavily on the design and technological sectors, and this is especially true on fashion courses. As a consequence, creative subjects do not keep up with industry standards and skill requirements for these jobs, making students irrelevant and extremely inexperienced after their degree.

I would like to know your opinion about the lack of technological resources provided on fashion colleges and universities in specific, but also true in art and design courses around the world; and how this matter affects the future of the creative industry overall but specially for the future new generations of fashion designers.

Would you say that creative courses are equipped with the necessary tools to succeed in the creative industry, especially in the fashion sector?
Are Fashion Colleges and Universities up to date with the fashion industry?
Do you think the creative sector needs more funding to nourish the future generation of fashion designers?

Thanks for your opinions.:smile:

Is digitalization in fashion educational courses the next step forward?

Dear all,

Technology and digital information monopolizes everything, from social media as a marketing tool, to drones for police investigations and pursuit. The educational system is staying behind and it is not keeping up with today’s technological and social everyday-life advancements.
Digital learning is has been quite popular especially in United States, giving the opportunity for students to acquire knowledge from home without sacrificing time on travelling, enhancing accessibility from anywhere, anytime. Colleges and Universities provide very little theoretical and practical knowledge. Teachers having less than 10 hours direct contact with their students in their Degree, having just enough time to guide the student on what to do in very broad terms.

I would like to know your opinion about the digitalization of the educational sector regarding creative subject, specifically fashion design or any other fashion subject, for instance marketing or retail.
Would you say that Colleges and Universities are badly equipped for the fashion industry of today?
Do you think educational institutions should adopt a more digital approach on their courses? Or rather change their actual structure and try to provide a better educational infrastructure?
Is distance learning suitable for fashion courses?

Thanks for your opinions.:smile:

online luxury

Hello everyone! I am an International Management Student at ESCP Paris and I need your help to do some research for my thesis about purchasing luxury products online.
Please take this survey if you are online buyers https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3PBPFFV

And if you don't like to buy online, this one https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GLQ3XP6

THANK YOU :Pink:

p.s. you can answer in english, italian, french, spanish and portuguese

Last edited by a moderator:
Please Help Me With My Homework / Research / Survey

For one of my classes I have to write a 5,000-6,000 page report on a topic of my choice. I have decided to write about how my College (which is very traditional aka Business, Arts and Sciences, Criminal Justice, etc) should offer a Fashion Marketing class. In this paper I have to address background on the fashion industry and how and why this is a lucrative professional choice that is attracting more and more students into the field... Any suggestions?

Fashion in Electronic Dance Music Culture

Dressing for the Electronic Dance Music Festival, (re-)branding of DJ/Producers with unique promotional apparel, and other fashion phenomena in Electronic Dance Music culture are welcome topics for discussion in this forum on "Fashion in Electronic Dance Music Culture".

Please, feel free to abstract upon the topics above or otherwise introduce new topics as it relates to the overall forum on "Fashion in Electronic Dance Music Culture".

Share your perspectives and reveal any insights, issues, commentary and other novel ideas constructively. Listing, essay, debate or other approaches to the readings and responses are up to anyone making their contribution.

Posts directly in response to both the Forum's main subject and in response to previous posts are encouraged.

Thank you for your time and attention to these details.

FAO Fashion designers and bloggers

Hi Fashion designers and bloggers,

I am doing some research regarding the process of having a photo-shoot done with a photographer and would love some feedback on the following:

1. How do you find the process of setting up for a photo shoot? IE. Finding models, sourcing the location etc… Would you like the photographer’s input and advice on this?
2. How do you find the process and interaction between you and the photographer? IE. Image selection process
3. What areas would you like your photographer to improve on? IE. Making it easier to access images, making the selection process quicker?
4. What 3 things do you find a struggle when organizing a photo shoot to when having the final images?
5. What 3 things do you enjoy when organizing a photo shoot to when having the final images?

I would really appreciate any advice given. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

I was a stylist who mainly worked in print with various photographers in the Los Angeles area. I can comment a bit on this topic ... about how it usually works. I can't comment on what a client likes and doesn't like, except what I have seen them discuss.

Advance planning: Usually the photographer "organizes" the shoot ... not the client. The client organizes the products or items they want to have shot. Unless the client has a preference, the photographer usually selects the wardrobe/fashion stylist and the hair/makeup artist that will be used. Also, the photographer works with the client to select models from a local agency and sometimes works with the client to select a location. If it is catalog work, the photographer's studio is all that is needed. Back drops are selected from what the photographer has and props, if any, are sourced by anyone ... the client, the photographer, the stylist.

It should be team work, with the photographer leading the team. But ... the photographer is pretty much at the mercy of the client, if the client want's to be in charge. The client is paying ... so it's his money. The photographer was hired to produce what he usually does ... so it's his vision. A delicate dance, to say the least.

Therefore, the most important thing, I think (and something you did not mention) is: who is in charge? If the photographer and the client struggle for power on set, it totally disrupts the work and upsets the crew and most importantly, the models, who must be able to deliver their best work..

Almost all clients want to be there at the shoot, and they are entitled to be there. Some will allow the photographer to do his thing, but many will not. So ... this needs to be worked out in detail ... in advance, with everyone agreeing who is going to be responsible for each detail. And who will direct the models and the crew.

Most of the time, the photog directs his own assistants, and the client will want to direct models and the stylists. But ... taking full charge, the client will loose the photographer's vision and the results may be mediocre. So, in the best situation, I think , is to have a collaboration between the two. Photog in charge of and directing the models and team, but with permission from the client if he wants to change anything substantially. It's up to the photog to convince the client that the changes will make it better.

The client would be given "proofs" of all of the shots taken (there would be many of each outfit) and would be tasked with selecting his/her choices. The photographer would then do "post" photoshopping .... fixing color, cleaning up the photo, etc. to get it ready for the client. What I do know, is that the client usually wants to look at the photos while the shoot is in progress, and also immediately after the shoot. Clients would love to have proofs in hand, that day. Some photogs are able to deliver this fast ... some, not so fast. The photog must advise the client when and how many proofs they may expect ... in advance, in writing. And it's important that he deliver when he says he will. Deadlines are very important to a client and any delays will damage his reputation.

Hope this information helps some.

BTW, Welcome to tFS!! :flower:

You might be interested in some other threads in this forum:

STYLIST & PHOTOGRAPHER: WORKING TOGETHER:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f90/stylist-photographer-working-together-50058.html

WHO IS MOST IMPORTANT FOR A GOOD PHOTO - PHOTOGRAPHER OR MODEL?
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f90/who-most-important-good-photo-photographer-model-69027.html

CLIENTS: (how not to get burned)
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f90/clients-34987.html

Also, if you "Search this Forum" (at the top of the thread list in Careers, Education ...) using photographer, photography, photographers ... you will find some other threads that might be of interest.

Hi Bette,

Ah that is amazing. Thank you for sharing. It defiantly clarifies what I was thinking. I will also take a look at the other links you have sent, they also look interesting.

Much appreciated.

Bansri :smile:

How were your photo shooting experience?

Hi, my name is Kalie, I'm the founder of a online photographer directory PoYou. I'm looking for feedback from photographers and models. I'm building a platform to make it easier for people find and book sessions with the photographers they love. Right now I have a prototype page poyou.co
To help serve you better, I want to know how were your searching, booking and shooting experience. Answer 5 questions on the google form by clicking this link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...w__yjnQYp-PqhT6wonBIdeZA/viewform?usp=sf_link
More information please check out my facebook page @poyouphotos, instagram @poyou2018
Thank you all for your feedback!:smile:

How were your photo shooting experience?

Hi, my name is Kalie, I'm the founder of a online photographer directory PoYou. I'm looking for feedback from photographers and models. I'm building a platform to make it easier for people find and book sessions with the photographers they love. Right now I have a prototype page poyou.co
To help serve you better, I want to know how were your searching, booking and shooting experience. Answer 5 questions on the google form by clicking this link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...w__yjnQYp-PqhT6wonBIdeZA/viewform?usp=sf_link
More information please check out my facebook page @poyouphotos, instagram @poyou2018
Thank you all for your feedback!:smile:

Hey everyone,

I'm currently a fashion design and marketing student in my final year, looking to find out more about people's awareness of and opinions concerning fashion subscription and rental boxes such as Rent the Runway, Frank and Oak, Stitch Fix and Le Tote in the US or Wear the Walk in the UK.

If you've ever tried out a subscription / rental service for clothing, I'd love to hear about your experience.
I'm really interested in this as I know it's a much more sustainable way to consume fashion, particularly with the rise of fast fashion, but there are a few barriers to people being interested in this kind of service and I'm looking at ways to overcome these.
i.e. what would dissuade you from trying out a subscription service, or what would entice you?

I also have a quick 5 minute survey here if anyone's willing to participate:
Discovering the modern female consumer's attitudes towards rental/subscription wardrobes vs. emotional attachment to clothing.

Thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to hearing your opinions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->