Pointy Shoes For Boys

They don't call me 'Vladimir the impaler' for nothing....:

those last ones are great!!
did i already mention i got a tendency for being a mens shoe fetich :innocent:

:lol:

I second that, those are actually great!

In general, I'm not too fond of very pointy shoes though. Especially those very long, court jestery ones that have been around for ever now, especially for the ladies. Pointy shoes will always be around, but I don't really like the exaggerated shapes; I need proportions, please.

At least it seems like they are finally disappearing.

Originally posted by leyla m.@Jan 8th, 2004 - 11:33 am
not pointy as the first ones. more like the last pair. no square toes please for men. i find them not elegant :sick:
Why are square-toes not elegant? I have a pair of Ann D.'s that are exactly that,imo. They're designed to make the foot look elongated so that the toe itself is very narrow. Much like and old cobbler with which they made the soles out of wood. Which reminds me also,Margiela has good square-toe boots he reinterprets every season that actually do have a wood soles.

As far pointy-toes are concerned,love them too! I have wierd attraction to witchy boots and the biker-styles that Xavier Delcour did some seasons ago with dangling leather buckles on the heel.

maybe you could post a pic SCOTT?! :wink:
i mean "really" square toes. those IMO are def not elegant on men.
i dont like them anyway :innocent:

It all depends on the shoe - Fendi make some horrific square-toes...

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jan 10th, 2004 - 5:32 pm
Oh, non non...no va va voom:
thats not what i consider square toe, but plain bulky sole... you know, when the rim of the wole is so thick :yuk: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Jan 10th, 2004 - 10:24 am
maybe you could post a pic SCOTT?! :wink:
i mean "really" square toes. those IMO are def not elegant on men.
i dont like them anyway :innocent:
I can't seem to find any pictures. They did have a pair on Yoox but no more. They're from her Spring 2002 collection.

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jan 10th, 2004 - 5:45 pm
Square enough?:
nope not square enough. :lol:
those are just HIGH on the toe bit. too much space :yuk:
if that toe was sleek and low and on a nice shoe it would look good. that shoe is horrible prince :ninja: :shock: :lol:

ETA; those are actually not square toe shoes just a SQUARE SHOE all together :D

*Continues his trawl of the internet to find a real square toe for Leyla...*

A square toed shoe is a shoe forged or modified to follow the periphery of the foot from the heels to some point in the toe quarter, then to deviate from the periphery across the toe to the other toe quarter in a line that is fairly straight and relatively perpendicular to the midline of the foot; i.e., instead being rounded at the toe as is a normal shoe, the toe is squared off. The transitions from branch to toe in a square toe are sharp and abrupt. Square toes are usually considered a hind shoe, although some applications may find them used on the front end.

The purpose of a square toe is to facilitate turnover in a specific direction, and sometimes at a specific time, by creating an avenue of least resistance to the fourth phase of motion, turnover. The shoe creates the path of least resistance; the position of the shoe on the foot influences the timing of the foot's turnover

we are getting there

Ugh, they suck - are they Perry Ellis? I thought you meant a square point instead of a shoe with an entirely square toe-box...they're dreadful...

I popped into Bottega Veneta today, those loafers are on sale for € 170. (50 % off)

PRADApointBLACK.jpg

I have this pair of Prada shoes for men, and they are unconfortable! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->