Poll: Do Jeans go with Everything?

gruveechik

Reaction score
Poll: Do blue Jeans really go with practically Everything/Every Colour?

If your answer is Yes: what makes it so?

OR

If your answer is No: what makes it not so?

:question:

I think it depends on the context of the question.

Can one pair of jeans go with everything and every color? No.

Can denim in some shape, wash and form go with everything? More than likely, yes.

Although to say EVERYthing is still a little broad. Maybe not an evening gown :P (but then again, maybe yes)

IMO, it all boils down to proportion and texture with any outfit, jean or no.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ :rofl:

I agree with curious on the fact that I think you can find a denim to go with almost anything, so I suppose my answer is YES. I think you should be very careful with your denim choices; proportions must match, etc.

Yes. Now, if they look nice with everything - that's a different story.

No. I think that depending on the wash and color of the jeans, not everything can match nice with it.

nope, well i am just not a jeans person, for me jeans goes with nothing.

Thanks for all your replies!

I never used to be a Jeans type of gal.. but lately I've had a couple of fabulous perfectly cut/fitting blue-washed pairs, and find they go with almost everything - if worn properly eg: dresses (hitting the knee); long tops over jeans; sweaters; overall-dresses; empire waist tops.

I'm finding it fascinating and odd that I can get away with colours like grey/purple/plum/green/teal/bitter-chocolate/white (of course).

It just makes no sense to me that I can get away with a colour like grey, together with blue-washed jeans. I know of course that a grey top/dress could look even better with a different type of trousers, but why is it I can still get away with jeans and not look horrid in it?

I'm dead curious to know why denim can be so much more versatile than say, another pair of trousers in the same colour?

I agree with beautiful stranger, i think black skinnies would go with pretty much everything! I dont actually know what I would do without mine, I practically live in them, i am a jeans girl through and through!

i think it's just conditioning, most of us have all been told it's perfectly fine to wear some shade or another of blue denim with everything imaginable color-wise, so it has been assimilated into our thought pattern as matching everything. you're right, most of us wouldn't wear a pair of non-denim blue trousers with the same things we wear our jeans with. that said, yes, i do think jeans can go with just about everything in terms of color. brainwashed and proud of it!

i think jeans go with most things in a wardrobe but then again jeans are a staple in everyones wardrobe!

I think jeans do go with most everything but they will never dress it up, only make one more comfortable and possibly give the unexpected edge to something otherwise conformist.

I'm relying on them less and less as I find myself gravitating to more trouser-like styles.

Depends on the color and wash, but no, not always. Some outfits are better dressed up with a pair of trousers instead. There's something inescapably casual about jeans.

if you have a good selection of all occasion jeans then yes they do go with everything! maybe thats why i have like 20 pairs!

it's more like does the colour indigo go with everything...
and that answer is pretty much yes....
it's basically the same as black...

of course it gets more complicated when you get into proportions and washes and occasions...

I'm relying on them less and less as I find myself gravitating to more trouser-like styles.

^ I'm the same.

I think jeans do not go with everything because, in my opinion, skirts and dresses over jeans do not look so attractive. Apart from those two things I think it may match almost anything unless you are going for a very classy and elegant look... if you put jeans with a top like that you would only look mismatched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->