Polyester Nylon And Spandex Material

EdK

Reaction score
Ok I'm interested in this jacket which is 80% nylon 15 % polyester and 5% spandex. The local armani store doesn't carry it and if I do buy it has to be a phone order. Anyone know what this material is like? they said its a very intersting material and its hard to describe, they said its similar to scuba or motorcycle wear. I just want to know how it looks in person or how it feels. To me it seems like a sporty material when I want something more like wool. Thanks for the help.

hmm......well scuba stuff is made from neoprene which is sort of hard and bouncy but also a bit stretchy

ive never seen an armani jacket make of that

here are a couple pics, 1 from the fashion show and one from a boutique. The boutiqe picture is such crappy quality, you cant tell what in the world it is.

It looks like wool to me, but the guy at the store said it definately looks nothing like wool in person, im just curious if anyone out there is knowledgeable in fabrics and can answer this question for me.

firs tof all ed...hi...
second...this questioin is really in the wrong area...you might have better luck if it were postedin the right place...like shop till you drop...or personal style...
you might try to pm a moderator and ask to have it moved...

what i will tell you is that i can tell from the runway shot that it is not wool and that is is very stretchy material...look how tight it is around the model's upper arm/shoulder area...also look at the cuff...the crease isn't sharp on the sleeve...indicating more of a knit than a woven fabric...

it's probably a bit shiny and very stretchy...and it doesn't sound particularly warm...
i think it's more of a style thing than a practical jacket...
so it really depends what you want... :flower:

good luck with your purchase...

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 9 2004, 11:07 PM
firs tof all ed...hi...
second...this questioin is really in the wrong area...you might have better luck if it were postedin the right place...like shop till you drop...or personal style...
you might try to pm a moderator and ask to have it moved...

what i will tell you is that i can tell from the runway shot that it is not wool and that is is very stretchy material...look how tight it is around the model's upper arm/shoulder area...also look at the cuff...the crease isn't sharp on the sleeve...indicating more of a knit than a woven fabric...

it's probably a bit shiny and very stretchy...and it doesn't sound particularly warm...
i think it's more of a style thing than a practical jacket...
so it really depends what you want... :flower:

good luck with your purchase...
[snapback]425501[/snapback]​

Softie, you constantly read my mind. I was going to say it probably has a bit of a sheen to it.. and it's probably meant to be worn tight...

It's probably very much like a scuba diving suit.

is it rough? is it smooth? is there anything else out there you guys can compare the material to? and actually the store said its a very thick and heavy jacket which would be quite warm. also the actual picture of the jacket from the store doesnt seem to be as tight fitting. all im curious about is the material. i just need something i can visually compare it to.

Originally posted by luna@Nov 10 2004, 12:26 AM
It's probably very much like a scuba diving suit.
[snapback]425580[/snapback]​
I have never seen or felt a scuba suit in person so i have no idea what its like.

I'm guessing, from the fabric content, and from how it looks, that it is probably smooth and fairly dense fabric. Nylon tends to have a slick, kind of "hard" feel. Polyester can do darn near any texture, but generally adds a bit of nubbiness, and contriubtes to the drape, while the Spandex is stretchy.

You might try going to a fabric shop and seeing if they have any fabric with that kind of fibre content, and seeing if any of it looks kind of like the suit does, and see what you think of the hand in person.

hmmm, is it similar to the material they use on like jansport backpacks? or is it kinda foamy like the material they use on sampsonite luggage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->