Polyphonic Spree

Reaction score
What is your take on the Polyphonic Spree? Feel good music or bizarre cult-like band?

Discuss.

Also...what did you think of their VMA performance?

I couldn't really grasp the concept of their whole... image. I thought they were really creepy and not a great... band or whatever they consider themselves.

I saw the VMA performance and thought I had stumbled upon a revival of Jesus Christ Superstar :ninja: :innocent: My first thought was what the hell.... :blink:

At first, I didn't want to like them. I found them too bizarre to be real and thought it was kind of gimmicky. They played at a public radio event along with Sonic Youth and Zero 7 that I went to in May. They were the last band and completely blew me away. Maybe it is a gimmick, but I think they are putting out the whole good vibe thingy that is always a good thing IMO.

Originally posted by purechris@Aug 30 2004, 03:24 PM
They played at a public radio event along with Sonic Youth and Zero 7 that I went to in May.
[snapback]350399[/snapback]​
that sounds like a great show :shifty:

I think there a gimmick band, the music is balnd the only thing ointrestinga botu them is the number of people and preformance(wich isn't even that good) :innocent:

I haven't really listned to the music, but I couldn't concentrate on the music at the VMA's. They really do look like a cult right out of the seventies. For some reason, I think Charles Manson when I see the lead singer :ninja:

Thank you Holly for posting those links. I had heard light and day many times in a commercial and never realized it was them. I think it's a nice song. After getting over the initial shock of seeing them, they are growing on me. :lol:

i only know one song from a compilation of songs from and inspired by hedwig and the angry inch.......they do the worst song-the song that i skip.

and i hate it / them. but i clicked on that link....what ever it is ......made me close out so fast i forgot what i saw. but um....i guess they seem like retards .

I adore them... I don't understand how people can think the band members are completely out of their minds for being in ... a wide group. They make fantastic melodies with their variety of instruments. They rock.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->