Porter #21 Summer Escape 2017 : Doutzen Kroes & Imaan Hammam by Vincent van de Wijngaard

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Photographed by Vincent van de Wijngaar!

Cheap, depressing/dull and completely unoriginal. Is there only one way to style models when in the African safari?

I assume the ed will be better, Vincent is fantastic.

So that one was indeed for Porter. The ladies look lovely, Doutzen reminds me of her younger years and Natalia Vodianova. But the colors are so muted and uninspiring, it sucks the life out of it. The lace is nice though.

Yes, finally!! :wub: So glad Vincent got these covers, his first big coup after that VI cover two years ago.
I do think that with some cropping these images would have worked well. So that's on Porter, not him. Also the casting doesn't quite gel well here. Imaan, who normally does no wrong, is definitely not delivering here and I'm not sure what happened. Doutzen doesn't impress me at all, I'd rather see the majestic elephant instead of her.

Oh God... give us a Doutzen break please... I prefer the second cover but nothing outstanding... this magazine is slowly turning boring...

Were they photographed together or photoshopped? Meh.

They look like they dislike each other. "I'm the Star"

Love the first cover, Doutzen is stunning!!!!

This reminds me of a shoot between Tyra Banks & Naomi Campbell
Very cold
Both look bored & bland

Totally forgettable covers. And definitely look like they were 'shopped together, MON.

Thanks vogue28.

I perfer the first cover and I wish the second cover would be just Imaan. Overall, I do think they are a little boring covers but remain hopeful because of Vincent.

The second cover is probably the worst photo I've ever seen of Imaan..she still looks beautiful but there's something really off about her facial expression and the distance between them makes it look awkward. Would have liked to have seen her get her own cover too. Looking forward to the editorial though, I'm pretty confident there will be some far better shots in it

These are very sub standard for Porter. They've got from nailing every single cover to missing the mark lately I feel.

Yep it's that time of year, cliche African safari photoshoot time.

Oh God... give us a Doutzen break please... I prefer the second cover but nothing outstanding... this magazine is slowly turning boring...

There was a time when this magazine wasn't boring? :lol:

There was a time when this magazine wasn't boring? :lol:

The Fall 2015 issue was outstanding but since then they've been drifting into blandness and utter banality...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->