Porter #26 Summer 2018 : Karlie Kloss by Camilla Akrans

djowodjo30

Reaction score
Karlie post this in her IG story

No info on photographer.

Source: Karlie Kloss Instagram

Lierally have no idea who shot this. Looks ok from afar, but I can already tell it won't be a hit for me.

Any recent The Edit covers would make a more exciting cover than this. Karlie looks good but I feel like she can do better. I hope it's not multicovers from the tag line.

I always enjoy Karlie in print but I can’t help but feel the shot is just too close up?

Im really surprised this magazine is still going.

Too much in your face and her face isn't interesting enough for such a close up. It also feels like her model career is slowly ending.

Karlie could never pull of a closeup shot like this, even in her high fashion days. It's a wasted opportunity because she can pose very well.

Any recent The Edit covers would make a more exciting cover than this.

Precisely! I'd rather have Viola than this cover. And I also agree that it's way too close.

For a split second I thought it was by Weber until I saw how refined it looks.....

I think Karlie is a great fashion model, but for me, she works best as a head-to-toe package. If I wasn't familiar with her name, that face might not instantly sell me a magazine.

If she's still working for them, this would make me think she's about to appear in a new L'Oreal campaign selling self-tanners.

I’m quite surprised that porter magazine or lucy haven’t advertised this cover on their Instagram page... makes me wonder if this was shot by terry/bruce/mario

I found it odd Karlie had it before any subscriber’s, and if you saw her story she actually picked it up in a grocery store too, it’s not like it was sent to her either. Odd!

I’m quite surprised that porter magazine or lucy haven’t advertised this cover on their Instagram page... makes me wonder if this was shot by terry/bruce/mario

Me too, or even the fact that Karlie herself didn't tag the cover photographer (who is Camilla Akrans, btw). More often than not, Porter themselves credits the photographer on the cover itself and I too even thought they might've commissioned someone who was accusations of sexual misconduct.

I do like the colouring of the cover, the white masthead and overall feel but I'm in agreement it's a little too much of a closeup shot of Karlie. The wow factor is definitely missing here for me.

This.

I think Karlie is a great fashion model, but for me, she works best as a head-to-toe package. If I wasn't familiar with her name, that face might not instantly sell me a magazine.

I can't stand Karlie Kloss :lol:, and I liked her look circa her Pringle of Scotland campaign, but this bubbly, overly confident perodixe blonde talk show host/vlogger persona is just insufferable... desperately ticking every box of the 90s supermodel cliché when, has she ever even reached a fraction of that success? she's certainly never looked the part even though she's done it all in paper .. I can't help but question the means when I see the aggressive PR of that likely tax-deductible coding program trying hard in that obnoxious "tech-savvy but with a heart" way to target kids and validate itself with millennials (not unlike Oscar Health :innocent:). She aims Christy but the result is consistently Ivanka.

She aims Christy but the result is consistently Ivanka.

Lmao! Is it the Taylor Swift/Ivanka Trump association which put you off?

I like the cult of Karlie more than anything else. The idea that this very hf looking model managed to market herself into a commercial powerhouse. More often than not it's actually the other way around (see Kate Upton.) I can deal with the coding initiative because there's actually a need for it. It's Karlie's Kookies which grate on my nerves, lol. I know it's for a good cause, but everytime I see her backstage with a tray of biscuits in hand, grinning like a Cheshire cat, it reminds me of that annoying overachiever in Home Economics who always casually brought her perfectly homemade baking to class. The true strategy of course was just to rub her culinary brilliance in our faces.

^ of course! you know that assistant I mentioned in the rant thread? she's exactly that type of Karlie/Home Economics student personality ("hi, I know our appointment is at 5 pm but here I am at 3:14 pm carrying smoothies for everyone from the corner place that takes easily 25 minutes to make them.. :smartass:").

I think she doesn't look hf enough to me :smile:meow::lol:) so everything else feels sustained on nothing.. models of a certain range tend to be a bit addictive to look at, not necessarily pretty in a traditional sense, just out of the ordinary and of course aspirational both face and body-wise. With Karlie, I just see bad hair, annoying gestures, awkward height, Sorority girl face, "I'm so likable and relatable" personality, little content (other than a perfectly memorized study of her market), it's like her TV personality was molded after Ellen DeGeneres show audience members.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't stand Karlie Kloss :lol:, and I liked her look circa her Pringle of Scotland campaign, but this bubbly, overly confident perodixe blonde talk show host/vlogger persona is just insufferable... desperately ticking every box of the 90s supermodel cliché when, has she ever even reached a fraction of that success? she's certainly never looked the part even though she's done it all in paper .. I can't help but question the means when I see the aggressive PR of that likely tax-deductible coding program trying hard in that obnoxious "tech-savvy but with a heart" way to target kids and validate itself with millennials (not unlike Oscar Health :innocent:). She aims Christy but the result is consistently Ivanka.

:rofl: The savagery!

I do agree that Karlie can sometimes come across as insufferable, but I give her the pass because she's genuinely a sweet girl.

It is true that she's trying hard to model herself after the old school supers and I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with that, but she often times can't pull it off. That TV show of hers is a borefest. She's mentioned Tyra Banks many times as one of the old school models whose career she's aiming to mimic, but she lacks the personality for it. In fact, Karlie is starting to come across as a Stepford wife...

PS I don't think her HF campaign resume is anything impressive. She's always been a super commercial model

Last edited by a moderator:
If the only critisicm to be laid at a person’s door is that they’re too nice, or try too hard, then hey, they’re doing pretty well in my book.

I like her personally, she is very enthusiastic and keen it’s true but it just seems genuine to me. She never seems to be putting anything on so for me it’s nothing really to be too bothered by.

I do sort of disagree on the high fashion front. Whilst she might do very commercial work well, she can very easily do more high fashion work too. She’s just a good model to me, period. An all-rounder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->