Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

Pierre Berge funding Robert Merloz's (also his lover??) fashion line (lol can't remember the book this was in, but apparently staff heard Yves ripping up all of that guy's drawings?? and trashing the studio??? Mess.). Yves' mother sounds VERY upset with Pierre in this clip.

OMG and the former driver who wrote the "tell all" about being in an s&m relationship with Yves and Pierre (at separate times) 🤣

- You know he was a driver who had affairs with both of them (like all their drivers and half the male staff) and tried to blackmail them for decades...
- Merloz was not a big story, small fry, Pierre financed a lot of other people too
- Pierre spend much more money and effort on Nourredine Amir (which was actually great) than on Merloz or others.
- Pierre cried in front of the Lutetia cause he had to send Yves in a psych ward after Yves tried to crush Pierre head (to be precise, with a very, extremely, expensive antique Roman marble head, with a complicated history, and many people in the house believed that sculpture was cursed). As of now, nobody knows why Yves did that but every one suspected a mix of alcohol and hallucinogens.
- I mention the Roman head because Yves and Pierre for years believed that head had a spell and spent enormous ressources to find "healers" to cure the sculpture from its spell.
- Yves only had 4 frenchies, all named Moujik, one after the other, but it's way less than Valentino or Peggy Guggenheim: the first one died from a scorpio bite in Marrakech in the 60s, but the other 3 had long and happy lives (for frenchies) and the 4th one survived Yves by 7 years.
- They weren't not mistreated or force-fed caviar as they had their own butlers and care-takers, because they were literally dozens of handlers. They never traveled along with Pierre or Yves by fear of a plane crash. Pierre only allowed his koi carps and parrots on board with him...

And to end the rumor mill:
- Betty Catroux was the only woman Yves fell in love with.
- Thaddee was indeed the most boring and insipid man of that century but Loulou had enough live and joy in herself to fill 10 lifetime.
- Jacques de Baescher was evil. Period.

- Yves only had 4 frenchies, all named Moujik, one after the other, but it's way less than Valentino or Peggy Guggenheim: the first one died from a scorpio bite in Marrakech in the 60s, but the other 3 had long and happy lives (for frenchies) and the 4th one survived Yves by 7 years.
- They weren't not mistreated or force-fed caviar as they had their own butlers and care-takers, because they were literally dozens of handlers. They never traveled along with Pierre or Yves by fear of a plane crash. Pierre only allowed his koi carps and parrots on board with him...
I didn't say they were force fed, but honestly some dogs just eat everything and it just makes me laugh. I can't judge Yves at all for having dogs with the same name, as it's something I did with my succession of childhood hamsters. I always thought it was CRAZY that there was the scene of one Moujik OVERDOSING in Saint Laurent when a) he didn't even own that dog during that era (Hazel?) and b) come on... that's just stupid.

Fabrice's book was a mess and as someone who skimmed it (don't worry, I didn't pay)... I don't even understand why he wrote it. To b*tch and moan about something he willingly consented to as an adult? He acts like they literally forced him to do this stuff, it's ridiculous. And I totally forgot about him blackmailing them about the drawings that he says Yves "gave" him, but he stole them? He comes off looking 100X worse than Yves or Pierre in the book, imo.

What do you make of the two books his (Yves') niece published about him? Both of her books and the Fabrice Thomas ones just make me think "why are you writing a book? get therapy! why do we need to know this?!?!" Or do it in a more thoughtful way, like the book Patrick Hourcade wrote about Karl (if we're comparing books written about a designer by someone close to them).

(Thadee's journals were truly torturous... just get a job, get a real hobby, take up wood working, something!!)

When in 2013, the CFDA made models sing the song of the moment: "Get Lucky"

DAMN!! Very good designers and collections, how much have we lost in 10 years :cry:

The time someone here called Eniko the "Made in China Daria Werbowy" 😵. For some reason I never forgot that.
This reminds me, I still remember a similar comment (it might not have been on tFS though) about Steven Klein, where someone called him “the Wrong Steven” and I still think that when seeing his name/works. 🤣

When, in 2017, exactly the same day, with a few hours of difference and an ocean of distance, Agatha Ruiz de la Prada and Jeremy Scott presented the same dress in their respective Fashion Weeks

vogue.com | firstview

The time someone here called Eniko the "Made in China Daria Werbowy" 😵. For some reason I never forgot that.
haha! must’ve been in the era where Jourdan Dunn’s pregnancy offended tfs so much the thread exploded into 20 pages. Early 2010’s were wild here!

Speaking of that time on tfs, never forget when @kokobombon decimated a model’s career by translating what she had said about Steven Meisel in a local publication. 🤣

Suddenly i remembered this i-D cover. Back then, i didn't know who Eniko was. When I saw this cover in a bookstore, i bought it just because i thought she was Daria (eventhough above the barcode there's clearly named Eniko 😂 but i'm unaware because i just too excited).
But when i saw the editorial inside i felt sure but also unsure and finally myself concluded that maybe Daria done something to her face.
large-1570287485-531336e66405b87d5975ad93cbb694c3.jpg
metromodels

He has 2 kids... that were born before the affairs began, was having an affair with one of the YSL house models too and, oh, his grandmother was a cleaning lady for the maison AND his dad had an affair with Pierre (when HE was a driver lmao), too. Maybe I downloaded the book... and read it... 😬

Never heard of the woman Yves was allegedly in love with. Hmm... 🕵️‍♀️
ENOUGH
so-o-corpo-levanta.gif

humordido.net

haha! must’ve been in the era where Jourdan Dunn’s pregnancy offended tfs so much the thread exploded into 20 pages. Early 2010’s were wild here!

Speaking of that time on tfs, never forget when @kokobombon decimated a model’s career by translating what she had said about Steven Meisel in a local publication. 🤣
Do you remember who was it? I don´t remember anything about this... 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    trashmagic
    Back
    monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
    <-- Admiral -->