Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

Apparently, for a few weeks now, Mr. Stefano Pilati has been going down memory lane.

So did I...

Mr. Stefano cosplaying as Monsieur Yves for Harper's Bazaar US September 2011, Photographed by Karl Lagerfeld.
PILATI-YVES.jpg
my archive

Karl’s photography next to Jeanloup Sieff is… 😬

As much as I enjoy Karl, his photography wasn’t it. Ever.

Karl’s photography next to Jeanloup Sieff is… 😬

As much as I enjoy Karl, his photography wasn’t it. Ever.
Coming to defend Karl.
I would say that he was inconsistent.
He had glorious moments and some very embarrassing ones.
After 2008, it became very inconsistent. After 2011, it literally became a pain.

Coming to defend Karl.
I would say that he was inconsistent.
He had glorious moments and some very embarrassing ones.
After 2008, it became very inconsistent. After 2011, it literally became a pain.
I still have nightmares of his Numéro photoshoots :lol: but what I wouldn't give for that level of photography now!!

He's definitely not the WORST photographer ever and he did take it seriously as a hobby/job. I think his photography phases were pretty obvious too, which can be funny to notice. He did a handful of nice editorials for Glenda's Bazaar, I think. I still remember Peggy Guggenheim Venice editorial he shot with Lara Stone for Bazaar, maybe 2010??

I still have nightmares of his Numéro photoshoots :lol: but what I wouldn't give for that level of photography now!!

He's definitely not the WORST photographer ever and he did take it seriously as a hobby/job. I think his photography phases were pretty obvious too, which can be funny to notice. He did a handful of nice editorials for Glenda's Bazaar, I think. I still remember Peggy Guggenheim Venice editorial he shot with Lara Stone for Bazaar, maybe 2010??
Even that Lara story wasn’t really that for me…
I remember of course the Gisele story, the B&W Candice story and a backstage story with many models. That was good.

At Numero he had fantastic moments up until maybe 2009.
I liked his original lightning. When he started to be heavy handed in post-prod, like Testino, it became terrible!

The Chanel FW2013 campaign still haunts me.

Oh yes... how could we forget!!!

View attachment 1298662
pinterest

I liked his sepia phase from the late 90s, I think??
FW2013 was a great collection ruined by that campaign and SS2013 was not good but the campaign was great.
Yes the late 90’s sepia but also quite experimental phase. The 3/4 years following his diet too. He really worked on his composition.
For better or for worse, he did have a style of his own in photography. He was probably inspired by masters but It never felt « referenced ».

Karl was indeed very inconsistent as a photographer but I still admire his work. He experimented a lot with printing techniques in 90s and created some really beautiful images, I also love the Fendi campaigns with Anja. I hated when he did commercial, flat light studio shoots.

Karl was indeed very inconsistent as a photographer but I still admire his work. He experimented a lot with printing techniques in 90s and created some really beautiful images, I also love the Fendi campaigns with Anja. I hated when he did commercial, flat light studio shoots.

I still think Chanel SS 2007 is one of my favourite, if not my favourite, Chanel campaign shot by Karl and I cannot tell if it is due to nostalgia or the images. I can think of many wonderful photographs he has taken over the years.

I always wondered how much money he made through merch? All these little figurines, water bottles, key chains with his face on it?

Here's Karl looking cheeky in his full-on Memphis apartment.

28101852-vdm-memphis-lagerfeld-01_cover_2000x1333.jpeg
Source: tatlerasia.com

Apparently, for a few weeks now, Mr. Stefano Pilati has been going down memory lane.

So did I...

Mr. Stefano cosplaying as Monsieur Yves for Harper's Bazaar US September 2011, Photographed by Karl Lagerfeld.
View attachment 1298573
my archive
I remember there was also a YSL perfume ad featuring a frontal nude male model sharing a similar vibe probably during the TF era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mawillia
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->