Prabal Gurung S/S 2019 New York

Looks like Altuzarra was inspiration for this collection....

I usually love color on the runway, but this was just too much! He should learn from Sander Lak (Sies Marjan) or Haider Ackermann on how to do color in a sophisticated way!

I won't even ask what's the "woke" *vomits in his mouth* angle to this mess is, I'll just say that the color alone managed to make this show look as cheap as the ones you see on Rio Fashion Week or some other LATAM monstrosity. The multicultural flourishes are contrived as they come and there isn't a single strong look in here, the lime sweater with the striped skirt is passable though. I normally enjoy his work but I'll pass on this.

the colours at the start are a bit too much but there are some beautiful pieces..

His take on colours is atrocious, sorry! It's not so much that there's a 'right' way to play with it, but his just look visually vile. And then you have the patterned looks which bears zero relevance to the collection really, but because they're in colour, he added them? It just ruined an already trite collection for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->