Prada ‘Galleria’ Handbags 2023 : Scarlett Johansson by Alex Da Corte

I love Scarlett, but I absolutely hate this. She looks bored stiff. And the styling with the massive coat is such an odd (read: bad) choice.

I don't know if she fits this Prada bland girl... I usually think of her as the bombshell she used to be for Louis Vuitton and Dolce & Gabbana, not everyone has this ability to transform like a chameleon.

She always photographs well and was a perfect fit for Prada but this concept doesnt work. Looks very cheap in a 90s kind of way like those cheap catalogs.

I like a lot the bit of the video where she’s wearing the lilac outfit and the ‘sun’s in her eyes’!
I usually love her but this could be done much better. she’s not the brain behind the production so I guess there’s only so much one can do…

I think she looks gorgeous. Very understated glamour and safe, which makes sense for the galleria.

Madame Toussaud wants the wax figure of Scarlett back.
She moves like a robot in the video.
the only good thing about this is.... her voice. i could listen to her for hours.

I never understand when big brands hire fine artists to then tone them down so much resulting in the most boring and commercial looking outcome. Take a risk and give them some artistic freedom or just stick to fashion photographers.

I never understand when big brands hire fine artists to then tone them down so much resulting in the most boring and commercial looking outcome. Take a risk and give them some artistic freedom or just stick to fashion photographers.
According to WWD, Prada gave the artist complete artistic freedom with this project. So I'm not sure how much Prada edited this down.

According to WWD, Prada gave the artist complete artistic freedom with this project. So I'm not sure how much Prada edited this down.

Interesting, thank you! If that is true, maybe Da Corte is to blame here.

She is a Prada woman in essence but I’m not sure if current Prada suits her. She is a bit the same profile as Lea Seydoux but with a lot more personality.

She went from being the face of Vuitton to Dolce & Gabbana to now Prada. One brand per decade…Not bad.

when fashion designers try to give weight to their most horrible crap by hiring an artist. And they hope no-one dares to say how bad it really is what they both did. well, it's bad! lol

She is a Prada woman in essence but I’m not sure if current Prada suits her. She is a bit the same profile as Lea Seydoux but with a lot more personality.

She went from being the face of Vuitton to Dolce & Gabbana to now Prada. One brand per decade…Not bad.

you're spot-on - she leaned heavily into old Hollywood/vintage style with a youthful twist in the 00s-early 2010s, which dovetailed nicely with that aspect of Miuccia's inspirations in that decade. Like the S/S 2011 dress she wore to her Cannes photocall this year, it was perfect for her.

And even this specific campaign isn't as odd a fit as it seems on first sight given she's promoting a Wes Anderson movie and it's visually in line with that aesthetic, I mean look at the colour palette:

(I'm mainly surprised because this has had hardly any publicity - a Prada campaign with a star of Scarlett's profile and there's no mention of it in ANY of the mainstream fashion press websites - Vogue, Elle, Harper's Bazaar, i-D, Dazed, etc you get the drift..... those places now would probably feature a post on some nepo model's latest bowel movement/stylist-contrived "street style" outfit for clicks but ignoring this? weird. I mean, it's not like she's obscure or B-list or doesn't command instant name recognition from most of the generation that would have the money to buy these bags)

image sources: Red Carpet Fashion Awards and elle.it

Scarlett-Johansson-Wore-Prada-To-The-‘Asteroid-City-Cannes-Film-Festival-Photocall.jpg asteroid-city-64255af7d1274.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->