Prada eliminates "Fat,ugly,old workers"

FashionPower

Reaction score
I read about this news on newspaper and tried to find something more here on TFS,but nobody started a thread yet...feel free to delete/remove this if it's already posted,etc.. :flower:

A senior retail manager from Prada Japan is filing a lawsuit against the company for allegedly trying to fire less attractive, older workers. Rina Bovrisse, who has eighteen years experience working in fashion, said Prada Japan CEO Davide Sesia told her to eliminate staff members he deemed too "old, fat, ugly and disgusting." Mr. Sesia also told Bovrisse to "change her hairstyle and lose weight", causing her to file a discrimination and harrassment case in December last year after being placed on involuntary leave by the company. Prada is yet to comment on the case.
from fabsugar.com

I give Prada the finger.
Gladly, Prada is just as much as a company as Philips etc etc are. So they can expect a lawsuit they won't win.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also not really surprised. Life is not fair. And that's it. You have to work really hard and be beautiful to succeed

prada will settle, i'm sure. there exist codes of conduct in every line of work...especially in sales. in the end, it's about the customer and the customer's expectations. prada nor american apparel stand as the first to understand this.

as much as people talsk about being disgusted by this beahviour, most humas do react to mre attractive people positively, it's a fact.

and talking abou physique where should it end/start? if someone doesn't want to shower and hs poor hygiene, but is an exmaplary employee, would it be ok to fire them?
is ok to severely obese staff/staff that has gaines alot of weight to contineu to be personal trainers/or sell diet food?

i dunno, its not that black and white and people can mad all they want on the internet, but things are very different in the real world.....

^
Nor will they be the only company sued. If there is a lot of documentation supporting this, it may not hurt their sales, but they will certainly be making payments to those unfairly discriminated against.

I'm sure they aren't the only company that does that.

As much as it sucks, looks do play a role in this world. If you don't look a certain way, you won't succeed as well.

What a shame. Those 'fat' and 'old' and 'ugly' employees were the best at Prada. They knew their stuff and they weren't elitist in any sense. Also, speaking from experience, they were the nicest and most approachable.

The 'young' and 'hip' employees are so snobby and know virtually nothing about the house or aesthetics etc etc. All they know is money and how to identify it.

Such a shame Prada is placing its knowlegeable employees beneath its younger ones.

^Agreed. So many of these youngin's barely can describe the process of how the clothes are made or explain the fabrics being used, etc etc. They just describe the clothes as "great quality so the price is understandable" and "no one else has it" or the best thing I've heard "it just came in yesterday".

:lol: People are surprised?

It's so bloody ironic. A multi-billion industry that is focussed on image and looks is blamed for calling people "fat" and "ugly".

On one hand, it's Prada's right to look out for its greater good , but on the other hand it's absolutely vulgar.

aww boohoo, its PRADA, im no where near shocked by this
and they are certainly not the only company that does this
When i worked for Abercrombie & Fitch as a manager i turned down atleast 90-100 people because of their look(and it wasn't my choice these orders came from my manager who was told to do so by his manager)when u gave in ur application there was 2 boxes and if u were attractive and fit(for men)/Slim or skinny(for girls) i checked 1 box but if u were overweight/ugly/too old i check another one, which meant you didnt get the job. Sometimes i would even see other managers throw away application over looks

Im not happy about it but it life and its fashion.................theres always other options but then again it would suck if the shoe was on the other foot

i don't understand why this surprises people. fashion exists as one of the most superficial industries on earth. huge fashion retailers don't hire/fire people simply because they want their employees to look a certain way, but because their customers demand that they do. seriously, no one walks into hooters expecting a beer-bellied male servers and no one walks into victoria's secret expecting an 65+ bearded male sales associate. everyone has their place -- should retail be their calling -- they just have to find it.

^^^LMAOOOOOO
lol that i soo true, i guess people dont like to be told what they cant do or how they SHOULD look.

If this happened in DK, Prada would go right out of business :lol:

Sure, these kinds of things happen, but does that make it OK? Hell no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->