Prada F/W 2020.21

Fashion has a duty not only to reflect its times, but to help shape them. The Prada Fall/Winter 2020 campaign is proposed not as inert imagery, but as an action - an online auction in collaboration with Sotheby’s, staged in Fall 2020. Proceeds generated will be donated to benefit UNESCO educational projects, expanding inclusion in education for vulnerable populations across the globe. The auction artifacts are drawn from the universes of the Prada Fall/Winter 2020 men’s and women’s shows: fashion items, alongside photographic prints, show invitations, pieces drawn from the runway décor.

Credits:
Backstage Photographers: Daniel Arnold, Gigi Hadid, Phil Meech, Kevin Tachman

Creative director & film: Ferdinando Verderi

Styling: Olivier Rizzo

Models: Mensah Benjamin, Berend Blom, Sara Blomqvist, Lexi Boling, Maximilian Bungarten, Thibaud Charon, Meghan Collison, Shin Dongyeon, Bangali Drammeh, Daan Duez, Freja Beha Erichsen, Maty Fall, Roman Fironov, Kaia Gerber, Jonas Glöer, Gigi Hadid, Theresa Hayes, Kat Hessen, Nera Jezidzic, Marvin Kivisalu, Jacob Lepp, Shuping Li, Fia Ljungstrom, Benoni Loos, Viktoria Lulko, Elhadji Mar, Sculy Mejia, Licett Morillo, Hannah Motler, Paavo Pakkanen, Laura Reyes, Max Townsend, August Traumanis, Rianne Van Rompaey, Anok Yai, Shaoqi Zeng.

I also received a video teaser for the auction. If I understand well, all items - including samples, exit photos, or set design - will be auctioned.

The video is better than the photos, in my opinion.

This actually looks not half bad. It is amazing compared to a lot of stuff that designers put out during this season. Boring? Yes. Bad? Not even. Looks very Prada.

Actually, I think this idea is very Prada and, for the brand, very fresh.

Very Prada but very boring! It is sad that less ten years ago we were getting amazing campaigns shot by Meisel. And there’s just way to many models being used and they are all just standing there. We need some movement, some excitement to these images! But like I said what Prada is, especially the identity that prada has taken on in these recent years, is very much shown in this campaign which is good! Even without the logo I would’ve immediately known the brand!

^^ I agree. although it is pretty boring, I appreciate that there is a clear sense of direction & consistency.

I miss Meisel days with Sasha P for every season! This is ok, I like the clean art direction but it's simply not my thing. I find the models dreadful and the vibe reminds me of a Vogue Ukraine accessories editorial - the edgy, artsy fartsy youth. Overall... meh.

I think this, I think the concept is extremely clever and I always like seeing backstage/fitting pictures etc.

I think in a season where nobody can really shoot campaigns and they've had to cancel production on lots of the looks, this is a clever thing to do auctioning off some of the pieces.

I like it.

^ Agreed that they've done the best out of a bad situation. Under the circumstances, I can appreciate the thought and effort behind this, looks pretty decent.

I join the petition for some brazilian models or for the models to take a vacation to Brazil at least, fluorescent light makes people looks so pasty.

It's okay, they'd already spent a lot on the runway set and austerity is the look of the season...for better and for worse.

Interesting concept that does really feel very 'Prada'. It was all looking quite good until I saw the fitting photographs. They should have put something nicer instead because that ruins the aesthetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ00
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->