Prada' Latest

I think I might be the only who is not a fan :ninja: It seems that Prada might be trying too hard to appeal to the younger generation... :yuk: The keychains etc, etc make for a tacky look imo :unsure:

There are a lot of cute keychains you can get for under $5. Attaching them to a bag is pretty easy. The good thing is, messenger bags are back in style so it will be easier to find nice ones at regular mainstream stores. I tried to get into shoulder bags, but they just don't do it for me. Maybe my shoulders are too big...

I actually like some of them, but I really don't like the keychains. The last one would be adorable without them--I'd buy it and take them off. Actually, I really love that last bag, and I'm not usually a big Prada fan. Too bad I can't afford it... (Oh, bag fairy! *hint hint*)

The others are kind of cute, but they're not worth Prada prices.

I love the webbing straps on the last bag - but Mulberry were doing that donkey's years ago. :rolleyes: All those sorts of bags are descended from cartridge bags used in the two World Wars.

Overall the bags are okay but the quirky accents all strike me as derivative and that's disappointing for Prada. :neutral:

:woot: love them ALL, i got a nylon tiny messenger like this in red from Paris,
they are adorable and such an easy to fake-it look :heart:

Originally posted by dramatique@May 12th, 2004 - 10:14 pm
I think I might be the only who is not a fan :ninja: It seems that Prada might be trying too hard to appeal to the younger generation... :yuk: The keychains etc, etc make for a tacky look imo :unsure:
You're not alone.

This is such a distinctly un-Prada thing to do, whose bags have always been classic, low-key, and grown-up. Personally I think the keychains would look totally ridiculous and out of place even in a much younger brand like Miu Miu, let alone Prada.

This is a sign of a lost of focus and the beginning of brand schizophrenia. We don't need another Dior.

its NOT the messenger that a new idea.
neither the parachute material.
just the keyrings and some of the colors.

and the size of the pink lot is perfect :flower:

not my style.

some of the charms are cute, but others actively upset me. especially because these bags seem geared at a relatively youngish audience (daddy, i want that one!) and perhaps because i just finished reading "vernon god little" and have been thinking about school shootings and kids with access to weapons. and because of current events.... designers have no obligation to be politically correct, but those gun and knife decorations offend me. appropriating unexpected objects for the sake of art is as old as water, but glamorizing guns and knives by turning them into "charms" and dangling them off pink bags or whatever is seriously lame, in my opinion.

am i missing something?? maybe i'm just being humorless, but i don't get the appeal.

Originally posted by leyla m.@May 13th, 2004 - 11:59 am
its NOT the messenger that a new idea.
neither the parachute material.
just the keyrings and some of the colors.

and the size of the pink lot is perfect :flower:
Except for the ones in the first picture, all the rest are existing styles as far as I know, rehashed with the addition of keychains.

It's precisely the keychains that I feel are not in keeping with Prada's aesthetic. On Miu Mius they'd be a stretch, on Pradas they're just plain odd.

Originally posted by As You Like It@May 12th, 2004 - 9:06 pm
200405100107.jpg

Is this a throwback to Prada's whole 70s/trashy thing?

Wow, someone on Prada's accessories design team was really on crack when they came up with the ideas for the F/W 2004 accessories.

I like the black one in this photo:
200405100105.jpg

I've seen that exact same tiny messanger from Prada before. A friend of mine wants it. The only difference between this one and the one she wants is the little keychain.

I think I'd buy it if it weren't $457485457. :blush:

A standard flat nylon messenger of that size would cost at most $250-$300 in the stores - hardly reasonable but not that stratospheric either. It'd be interesting to see how much more they decide to charge on these, with the addition of the keychains. If the individual keychains were sold seperately, I'd be surprised if they go anywhere below $100.

It strikes me as a desperate attempt to freshen up the more tired and staid models in their luggage range. :rolleyes:

It's pretty common to see people walking down the street with cute keychains attached to their bags. I don't see how this is a new idea at all. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->