Prada RTW labels (white or black?)

Reaction score
Hello.

I was wondering if anyone knows the difference between Prada garmets with white labels, while others have black labels. Specifically in outerwear/coats.

I'm guessing the black signifies runway collection, and the white label is more of a Prada pre-collection thing?

Can anyone please confirm the difference in Prada labels? Thank you, I ask because I just purchased a black Prada overcoat in techno fabric and I want to be sure it's not the equivelant of some watered down diffusion line.

as far as i know Prada only has one watered down diffusion, the attrocious Linea Rossa. which, to my utter surprise, sells well enough to keep Miuccia over water (to some extend), especially with those awfuly chunky sneakers, but i digress.

tbh i have no clue. i've accumulated a number of prada shirts over the years but some have black tags and some have white. i wonder if some are "runway" pieces vs. general prada merch.

as far as i know Prada only has one watered down diffusion, the attrocious Linea Rossa. which, to my utter surprise, sells well enough to keep Miuccia over water (to some extend), especially with those awfuly chunky sneakers, but i digress.

Haha @ Miuccia over the water! Or out of the red, one could even say!

Well, I would like a solid answer from a Prada employee but thank you for the laugh and I find comfort in knowing my jacket is not Prada Linea Rosa, lol.

Black label is indeed for the runway collections: the perforated blazers that should still be in stores right now are black labeled.

White label is usual for more "classic" pieces, or capsule collections: a blue oxford shirt, a cashmere crewneck sweater...

Then there's the Red label, which is suposedly younger, more casual, (ehem cheaper -_-) clothes.
I must say in it's defense that I've had far less quality issues with this line than any other stuff with black/white labels I've owned. Pretty great materials (for prada standards), lightweight jackets, seasonally versatile, discrete and no big statements (lots of blacks, greys, navys and beige) Yes, it usually has a tiny red rubbery band somewhere in the sleeve, or the hem of a trouser... but I've been lucky enough to find pieces in the line that have the same in black, so no screaming for attention.

And then, there's the partnership/sponsoring of the Luna Rossa, the America's cup team. Very much a sportswear collection: tshirts, flipflops, bags, you name it... all of it very flashy and very "no i don't know what this luna rossa thing is, but yes, it is a prada polo i am wearing"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->