Prada S/S 2014 by Steven Meisel

Steven Meisel’s Spring/Summer 2014 campaign for Prada reflects the fierce and independent spirit of the collection. Teams of models hold us in their collective gaze, looking forward in a united vision.
Glowing with independent truth, a youthful idealism and aggressive optimism unites this modern feminine troupe.

Photographer: Steven Meisel
Models: Julia Bergshoeff, Dorota Kullova, Ashleigh Good, Gracie Van Gastel, Amanda Murphy, Viktor Van Pelt, Maggie Jablonski, Lieke Van Houten, Maja Salamon, Ola Rudnicka, Sabrina Ioffreda, Magdalena Jasek, Nastya Sten, Cindy Bruna, Anna Ewers, Ophelie Guillermand, Malaike Firth, Lexi Bolling

from Prada's facebook

i love the cropping in this, especially the 4th and 5th shots in post #143. Cindy and Ola are just phenomenal in this

Who confirmed that Malaika was in this campaign?

shot was just posted :flower: Thanks Matt for the images!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Like a lot of ppl, I was underwhelmed and a little aghast when I first saw the campaign, but have actually grown to like it. It is very arty and quite subtle. It looks very simple and haphazard at first glance but there is actually purpose in the choice of models and how they are arranged. The pics match Muiccia's aesthetic, which I often also find off-putting at first but then like after a few more looks.

The 5th shot is beautiful and almost has a trompe l'oeil feeling to it with all the faces on the dresses and bags.

Loving Julia's solo shot there, amazing cropping effect.

Would've loved to see Malaika solo but whatever, she looks great in her shot.

Happy to see Nastya, and happy to read Maja's name. I already hoped they would be in it, and as I really like their beauty right now. Hope to see more shots soon. Anna Ewers and Sabrina are definitely the weakest imo.

I kind of disagree about the cropping. I don't like it when they cut off the top of heads. Maybe in close ups, but not establishing shots like these. I do love it in the shots with Julia and the one with 8 models in them.

The campaign definitely grew a lot on me. I kind of love it right now. I guess that's the magic of Prada campaigns.

Full model list - Julia Bergshoeff, Dorota Kullova, Ashleigh Good, Gracie Van Gastel, Amanda Murphy, Viktor Van Pelt, Maggie Jablonski, Lieke Van Houten, Maja Salamon, Ola Rudnicka, Sabrina Ioffreda, Magdalena Jasek, Nastya Sten, Cindy Bruna, Anna Ewers, Ophelie Guillermand, Malaike Firth, Lexi Bolling

HQ

*Prada.com

Ya okay, so I really love this campaign. I think it's very bold to do this with this particular collection, what with its overoad of colours, prints and textures. It makes for quite an astonishing (litterally) image. Especially when aaaaaaallll those girls are just sitting/standing there like it's some demure class of 1956 shot from a strict boarding school. Makes it a wild and calm image all at the same time. I bet it has quite an impact when you flick through the pages in magazines and you come across this campaign.

I'm not even gonna try to remember and recognize all names and faces in this though. There's just no point to it.

On one hand I love it, and agree with Mr. Dale that it will likely look excellent in print.
On the other hand, it makes me miss the non gimmicky Angela Lindvall goodness of 1998.

I'm absolutely falling in love with this campaign. I love those less crowded shots. The one with Julia is amazing!

My hopes for the video are movement and playfulness while remaining strong. Along the lines of the SS11 and SS12 vids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->