Prada S/S 2022 : Hunter Schafer, Selena Forrest, Julia Nobis, Lina Zhang & Tom Holland by David Sims

The severe simplicity works well. The clothes are showcased perfectly. I love Julia’s shots. The colors are stunning. I don’t even mind the text this time. This was the strongest collection he’s done so far. I feel like he finally made his debut.

Selena seems to be a Brokaw favorite and she's walked in shows and been in campaigns for both Prada and Raf's Calvin Klein. While I don't associate her with either brands/designers, she is not a completely random choice I guess. She fits the mood of the collection though her images do fall a bit flat.

I was happy because Steinberg replaced Selena Forrest as Dior's muse and now she's at Prada? Terrible model as always... Btw about the rumors around the campaign I was waiting for Sasha P not Julia lol

I was happy because Steinberg replaced Selena Forrest as Dior's muse and now she's at Prada? Terrible model as always... Btw about the rumors around the campaign I was waiting for Sasha P not Julia lol
The casts doesn't deserve “oh la la”…I was waiting for Sasha P too

Menswear: Tom Holland

PRADA’S HERO: While there has been speculation that Tom Holland, the star of “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” the biggest blockbuster during this wave of the pandemic, could be headed to Hollywood’s Dolby Theatre to host the 2022 Oscars, there’s little doubt about what the actor is bound to wear.

The British actor fronts Prada‘s spring 2022 men’s ad campaign, portrayed against colorful backgrounds in shots by David Sims.

Following the “In the Mood for Prada” seasonal campaign theme, Holland is seen playing with the camera and striking poses intended to highlight the relationship between the body and the garments, adjusting his spring reddish leather biker jacket or bending his arms in a Prada ivory shirt that bears marine-inspired patterns.

The actor wore a custom Prada suit at last December’s Los Angeles premiere of “Spider Man: No Way Home.” The chocolate brown suit featured a double-breasted blazer with sharp lapels, and pleated trousers. Holland’s suit was layered over a classic white shirt and black tie.

Holland, the boyfriend of costar Zendaya, has been the face of Peter Parker, Spider-Man’s alter ego, since 2016, when he starred in “Captain America: Civil War,” the 13th movie of the Marvel Cinematic Universe saga.

Prada has a strong track record of tapping into movie stars for its campaigns, including Willem Dafoe, Ethan Hawke, Dane DeHaan and Ezra Miller, as well as Julia Garner, Shira Haas and Hunter Schafer.

WWD

Hunter and Tom would have sufficed.

I'm liking the simplicity and movement here, the clothes look desirable, which is the point of the thing (the show missed that memo), and I'm happy to see David working again.

I actually love the simplicity of the images because the clothes can speak for themselves. Julia and Lina look great which is no surprise but I'm impressed by Tom's images because he looks so good. His video also works well, Hunter's on the other hand....yikes.

So, in other words, they got rid of the terrible styling from the runway shows. It elevated the men's collection a lot, and it even looks desirable!

I can't watch Holland's video, though — it's so cheap, mainly from Prada, to appeal to thirsty gays out there. The photos are nice.

Still, the women's campaign leaves me cold, mainly due to the cringy text.

I like the colours on the video (Men’s is stronger).
not a fan of the actors choice for Prada.
but then again Prada has been so quizzical to me identity wise that I don’t have much insight about who could be fronting their campaigns.

the clothes are bad which makes it all forgettable for me and so does this campaign.

I really like this campaign. It's the best they've done in years. I don't particularly care for Tom, but he's selling it to me!

Insanely old fashioned. Aren't you bored of David Sims catching "MOMENTS' of people "fixing"clothes and their hair.
The desperate try to make it look "SPONTANEOUS' makes is so contrived instead. Overrated and so old fashioned.

The campaign is flawless with that 90's photography style. Tom Holland is bad model, he still looks like a child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->