Prada S/S 2025 Milan

I’m starting to agree that Raf needs to go! He brings nothing to Prada but his signature color palette (which is very stale at this point.) I think the red and blue knit with the trompe loeil collar is clever, but I’m still processing everything else. Windbreakers should never be paired with evening gowns, imo.

I just can’t believe they had nerve to send Gucci Ancora resort piece down the runway

DE63F758-675F-4DC7-B05F-E4857BF6D88F.jpeg

Agreed that its all over the place, that Prada confidence that brought all the weird stuff together is long gone. It has now become a hype brand, there are a couple of pieces that will be best sellers keeping them among the top performers. I can already see Kim Kardashian wearing those hideous leggings that look like socks and K Pop stars wearing those cut out pieces and the S&M like skirts.

I’m starting to agree that Raf needs to go! He brings nothing to Prada but his signature color palette (which is very stale at this point.) I think the red and blue knit with the trompe loeil collar is clever, but I’m still processing everything else. Windbreakers should never be paired with evening gowns, imo.

I just can’t believe they had nerve to send Gucci Ancora resort piece down the runway

View attachment 1307372
Windbreakers should never be paired with evening gowns...mmmmmm this is not new for the brand Miuccia prada did windbreaker and bombers with cocktail wear etc years ago with brown and black belts on top is very Prada silk tweed nylon you name it ...if its one brand that mix sports activewear shapes or materials with lady like couture/rtw is Prada.

Agree Raf is not my fav either for Prada , he has a cold f..boy approach to what is modern and shows are hit and miss even at prada

Last edited:
This whole collection can be summed up in one word: abasing.

The dehumanizing headpieces
Those vulgar hole-y skirts
The models' lack of makeup & hairstyling
The stupid belt skirts that remind me of what women had to wear under their skirts before adhesive pads were invented:
1619124202200.png

maybe i'm being overdramatic over a fashion collection, but the whole thing seems like part of some organized effort to demoralize the modern woman

Unrelated to the collection, this model made me do a double take to be sure the year wasn't 2011 because I could've sworn this was Lagerfeld-Muse Era Freja Beha Erichsen during the video
HlGqBnDp_o.jpg

This whole collection can be summed up in one word: abasing.

The dehumanizing headpieces
Those vulgar hole-y skirts
The models' lack of makeup & hairstyling
The stupid belt skirts that remind me of what women had to wear under their skirts before adhesive pads were invented:
View attachment 1307374

maybe i'm being overdramatic over a fashion collection, but the whole thing seems like part of some organized effort to demoralize the modern woman
Wow strong words for just a prada fashion show ......Jeezz Louis !!!
demoralize the modern woman ...there is freedom of choices and not a single minded propaganda here so i don't see how this plays into what your saying

I understand that the modern sickness of mankind has difficulty with dealing with freedom of plenty of choices and prefer this to be black or white ....

With these comments no wonder Phoebe stay´s on the safe side , the whole point of prada is to always play with taste or questionable taste ... her first show was called flintstones by the press ........to see a prada show and thing you will find only easy beauty your at the wrong show

Lack of makeup and hairstyling !!!!!????? what are we in the 80 ´s ? she did plenty of version of fake bare face make up in the past , she herself is mostly like that plenty of chic italian and french and non euro woman wear clean face makeup and natural hair styles every day

This is lacking vision and cohesiveness on a whole new level ... it's sad really!

I remember I was disappointed by the ss2020 collection back then.. little did I know :(

This is lacking vision and cohesiveness on a whole new level ... it's sad really!
That’s so true. I love some of the ideas that they put in the collection (the sheer, for instance), but it’s a total mess! So many concepts, so many ideas that were not developed at all… Before, Prada was known for exactly the opposite, for developing ideas to perfection and sending a coherent and strong message… 2005-2010 collections are the best examples.

This is a mess and some of it screams cheap. I don’t know what’s wrong with Miuccia, maybe she doesn’t even care at this point.

Raf was a success in terms of business because it brought hype to the brand, but for the real Prada followers he must be a nightmare. He is so passé and out of touch… so heavy handed, so vulgar, so not modern.

I could never stand him but his Jil Sander was not bad. I just don’t get what happened at Dior, then CK, then Prada.

Okay so just saw an interview and they say there were inspired in algorithms, that’s why it’s so random… That these days we receive so many information that they wanted to reflect that in the show instead of having 4 classic themes. Still…

I’m shocked by HOW BAD it looks in video!!!

It may be largely due to the sheer volume of archival references, but nonetheless this collection created the most visceral reaction I've had to a Prada show since pre-Raf, and it's probably my favourite since FW 2017. I don't think it's "good", but it doesn't leave me completely cold like the majority of the last ten or so collections. It made me laugh, and it made me remember why I love Miuccia and Prada so much.

Okay so just saw an interview and they say there were inspired in algorithms, that’s why it’s so random… That these days we receive so many information that they wanted to reflect that in the show instead of having 4 classic themes. Still…
Such bs. It's the same as so many contemporary movie and tv directors now putting out work that's just a "commentary" on x, y or z. Ok cool. Thanks. Wow. I didn't know that we are influenced by algorithms, this fashion show really opened my eyes to that. We pretty much know what's going on.

What's the point? What's the story? What's the why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->