Prices of low end cosmetics/personal items in Los Angeles

Reaction score
Is there anyone from LA on this forum?

I am planning a trip to LA next year and just wondering if I should bring all the essentials with me or are they cheaper to buy in LA? The things I am wondering about are just the little things like tootpaste, Cetaphil cleanser, shampoo, conditioner, etc?

Is anyone able to look at these prices and let me know if they are cheaper in LA, and if so what is the cheapest place to get them from?

http://catalogues.chemistwarehouse....ogueID=13413604876243&pageview=two&gotopage=1

Is there anyone from LA on this forum?

I am planning a trip to LA next year and just wondering if I should bring all the essentials with me or are they cheaper to buy in LA? The things I am wondering about are just the little things like tootpaste, Cetaphil cleanser, shampoo, conditioner, etc?

Is anyone able to look at these prices and let me know if they are cheaper in LA, and if so what is the cheapest place to get them from?

http://catalogues.chemistwarehouse....ogueID=13413604876243&pageview=two&gotopage=1

I usually buy essentials like these from either CVS or Target. I would recommend just checking out their websites for the prices. Personally, what these stores offer is priced well. Not expensive at all, imo. Like I just spent around $10 for a nice L'Oreal and around $5 for toothpaste recently. You can use that as a reference, but I hope that helps.

As your from Australia (as am I) yes, just wait till you are there! If you have travel sizes of face stuff that you like, take it with you. But body wash/soap, shampoo and toothpaste just buy it in the states!

Thank you LagerfeldBoy!!!

I will take a look at cvs and target's prices. I had a look at Right Aid and it their prices were more expensive than this Australian pharmacy whose link I attached.

Going off topic now after seeing the CVS online catalogue ...

I noticed "Hershey's milk chocolate or Reese's peanut butter cups 2 for $8 with card"

Is this a good price (doesn't even say what size the chocolate bars are :S)?
How does one get a "card"?

As your from Australia (as am I) yes, just wait till you are there! If you have travel sizes of face stuff that you like, take it with you. But body wash/soap, shampoo and toothpaste just buy it in the states!

Thanks for that. Comparing Chemist Warehouse prices and the US prices it seems to me that things aren't exactly cheaper over there ... I will be going there with hardly any stuff so storage on the way there won't be an issue.

Going off topic now after seeing the CVS online catalogue ...

I noticed "Hershey's milk chocolate or Reese's peanut butter cups 2 for $8 with card"

Is this a good price (doesn't even say what size the chocolate bars are :S)?
How does one get a "card"?

You get a card by filling out a little application. When you check out, they scan the card. I keep all of mine on my key ring (they come with a full size and a mini). One checkout person suggested I laminate them all and carry that mess around in my purse, like someone else somewhere in this city apparently does :lol: Yeah, that's gonna happen :rolleyes:

Thanks for that. Comparing Chemist Warehouse prices and the US prices it seems to me that things aren't exactly cheaper over there ... I will be going there with hardly any stuff so storage on the way there won't be an issue.

What's the exchange rate? I thought your dollars were significantly different than ours?

You get a card by filling out a little application. When you check out, they scan the card. I keep all of mine on my key ring (they come with a full size and a mini). One checkout person suggested I laminate them all and carry that mess around in my purse, like someone else somewhere in this city apparently does :lol: Yeah, that's gonna happen :rolleyes:

Thanks for that :flower:

:lol::lol::lol: @ laminate them all and carry that mess around in my purse

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lofo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->