5ft 11.5inches!!

Place of Origin:
London, England

Ethnic Origin:
1/4 Danish 1/4 Anglo Indian 1/2 English

Birthsign:
Pisces

How discovered:
I was scouted by Premier Models at a music festival.

Favorite things:
Music, snapback caps and music production

Favorite music, band:
My favorite genre is dubstep. My favorite artists are Bukez Finezt, Badklaat & Requake and D2.

Hobbies:
Producing my own music, searching for new musical talent and going to new places.

Favorite piece of clothing:
Chicago Blackhawk’s Snap Back

What’s your idea of fun?
Experiencing something original and challenging

Favorite modeling experience so far?
I’ve only just started modeling, but the whole experience has been somewhat of a shock and a good one at that.

What’s the best thing about your hometown/country?
Where I live, Isleworth/Hounslow, is a very multicultural area. When you go through the town you see lots of different styles and plenty of different outlooks on fashion which I find very interesting.

Favorite artist (any kind:(
Odd Future (OFWGKTA)

Place you would love to visit:
Hawaii

Currently you’re obsessed with/about:
Chicago Blackhawks snapback hats and utility boots
models

^^ backstage

shannonmenswear / tumblr

Last edited by a moderator:

tumblr / shortbackandsidesss / primobaker

PickMix Magazine
Photography Naomi James Styling Anurak Donovan
Primo @Premiere

tumblr / anurakdonovan

Name: Primo Baker

How long have you been modelling?
About, since September, I'm also still at college. I was scouted at a festival and it went from there really.

What have your modelling experiences been like so far?
All are different, I don’t think I’ve had one that’s the same which is a good thing. Like everything is different every time, which is good.

What’s your dream modelling job?
I don’t even know. I just, overall, want to do international as well as the UK.

What are you passionate about?
Music. Music and… yeah, just music and DJing and everything.

Have you always been interested in music?
Yeah, I’ve always been interested in it, like my Dad’s a musician as well and I dunno, I’ve just always been interested in music, like all types of music and then I’ve just started producing music myself, so I got really into it.

3 random facts about yourself?
I am half Anglo-Indian, quarter Danish and quarter English, but I’m still white as ever, like I’m the palest person you’ll probably ever meet. (Laughs as I indicate that he is actually talking to the palest person ever).
I have a habit of walking round with one sock on and one sock off, that’s just my habit, just casually walking round the house. I don’t mean to, I just always fall into the situation. (BBG: After the boys had left the shoot, we found one sock left behind…)
I’m just giving really, really random things!
And nearly everything I wear is my Dad’s. I steal my Dad’s clothes.

If you won the lottery, what would be the very first thing you’d buy?
A studio. That’s what I’m saving up for now, with all my earnings, I’m saving up for a little studio.

That would be the very first thing?
Literally, 100% would be a studio. I’d buy all the equipment I’d need for a studio to help me do things musically.

What’s your favourite food treat?
Ah mate, Christmas dinner. Or my mum’s southern fried chicken. She makes the best southern fried chicken, literally.

Best video on YouTube?
There’s a thing, it’s called like ‘Iron Man, the Crawl’, it’s not supposed to be funny, but basically its like, you know the Iron Man competition where they have to run, then swim, it’s like the biggest triathlon in the world. And these two women, their bodies have just given up, so their legs literally turn into rubber, but they’re still trying to race each other, it’s so funny. And quite cruel, but funny. (BBG: We’ve watched it. It’s a painful sight)

What’s your favourite sleeping position?
Diagonally. I sleep diagonally, it’s just gotta happen. I can’t sleep any other way. Even if it’s two people, I sleep diagonally. They’re just gonna have to deal with it.

boysbygirls.co.uk

Hey Primo, tell us a bit more about your music.
I originally only produced dubstep when I started under the alias of "Irk" and then changed my name to "Sober," due to the fact of there being another Irk. I then recently have started producing future house/garage and trapp under the name "Primo". Regarding releases I am putting together a free EP which will include 3 exclusive tracks of my own. Ive designed the artwork for the EP myself. Whaaay.

How long have you been making music?
I've been producing properly for the last year, but I've been researching how to produce and fiddling about with my software for about 2 years.

How did you get into it?
My dads side of the family are pretty much all musicians. This meant that from a young age I was always surrounded by music from my dad taking me to the studio with him so his band could record a track, or sitting with my mum as she blares out reggae on the decks (sounds good but it was annoying when she wouldn't answer the door when I got home from school as it was so loud!). It all just made me want to have to do something involving music. I was lucky in the sense that my parents would support me. Even though I tried numerous instruments nothing seemed to click. I then came home from school one day and my mums friend asked if I wanted any of the programmes he had. I chose a music programme he had and installed it on my computer and that was it - it clicked. I'd come home from school every day and learn more, I'd watch YouTube tutorials on how to use the programme and I just developed my own technique. Although I didn't end up taking up on one of the instruments I had lessons for I felt that me being given the opportunity made me more confident that I could find something else that would suit me better.

Do you play any instruments?
Nope. I mean I played the cowbell in year 3 for some music thing but there is only a certain amount of things you can do with a bell... No offence to the serious bell players reading this.

Who are your main musical influences?
Genre wise: Soul, Dubstep, House, Reggae.

Where else do you find inspiration?
Listening to others.

Tell us a bit about your musical process
It's weird to be honest. Unlike most people I start my song with a synth line/pattern. It is common that when producing music you start with the drums to really structure the piece but for some reason I don't do that, but it's all gravy. After the baseline I add drums then make a build up/drop, then I add ambience to fill the track to make it have more of an impact musically.

Could you give us a little playlist of 5 songs?
You don't understand how hard that is but I'll try!
Vanilla - The Winter
Flosstradamus - Lana's Theme
Roy Ayers - Everybody Loves The Sunshine
S.P.Y - By your side
Gappy Ranks - Longtime

Do you have any guilty musical pleasures?
Back when I was a little rascal I used to try and belt out "Anastacia - I'm Outta Love" to my sister when we played Pop Idol. So sad I know.

What would your dream achievements be musically?
To succeed in being appreciated globally musicially, and generally would love to work with a fashion designer to make music for their catwalk show.

boysbygirls.co.uk

Tell us a little bit about your music producions and background
I've been producing music for the last year. I started off producing dubstep and recently I've also started working with other genres like house, future garage and drum & bass. My inspirations come from everywhere. I've got mates who produce as well, and we always listen to each other's stuff. My parents are musicians as well.

I only produce what I enjoy, and try to play around with genres and mix them together. I haven't officially released anything yet, but am currently sharing my stuff online where I am building an audience. I also DJ, which goes very well with it.

Regarding later on in life, I'm looking into going to uni and study music. I'm really looking forward to that.

What do you listen to when you want to relax?
My mum brought me up listening to Reggae, she's the biggest reggae fan ever. She has the biggest photo of Bob Marley I've ever seen in my life. Like a billboard photo that takes up the whole wall haha. So I've started bringing some of this influence into my productions now.

At the moment I'm working on a track with a friend who's producing name is Quembit. We did a drum and base track, which you can find included in this Boys by Girls feature.

Yes we've seen that you're using video as a medium to promote your tracks, which we absolutely adore.
I wanted to do a video to match the song I made, so the first thing I did was take a film called "Red" (also included in this feature) which is quite dark. I love putting sound with image, as I think this has more impact. It's quite cinematic, like theme music. It allows me to combine all the elements I love. There is a YouTube channel that is posting up my videos and supporting me and is getting a lot of views, so that's really boosting my confidence.

You grew up in a musical environment
Yes, my parents were very musical, so I've always been surrounded by it. It really made me want to get involved in music. My dad is a musician and my mum worked in music as well. I tried playing a lot of instruments, but none of them really clicked with me. Then one day my mum's friend gave me this music program and I started messing about with it, and that lead me to what I'm doing now. I'm so glad he gave that to me!

What would be your biggest dream?
To inspire other people with my own music, tour the world and see places I've never seen before.

boysbygirls.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyboutique
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->