Proactiv

The Proactiv mask is for drying out pimples so they're gone overnight.

The steps to using them is cleanser, mask, toner and lotion.
You shouldn't be dry after the lotion. :flower:

oh well in that case, the probelm still perpetuates.... i usually do cleanser, toner, lotion and it is SO dry still. that is why i tried the mask one day.

the mask is only supposed to be used 1-3days a week or so it says on th eback.

anyway, i need a good moisturizer for this specific case. anyone??

tried it before, didnt work. but at least i got it through the tv so the price is a lot cheaper than the price they sell it at in malls

Proactiv is very very dehydrating. You need some hydration in your skin's epidermis, even if you're oilier. I never used it myself. It's not for everybody for sure. I find that people should just go to a dermatologist for acne, because there are 4 different grades of acne, and Proactiv is too aggressive to be too gentle on Grade I, for example, which is the least severe. Benzoyl Peroxide is so drying, and should never be used all over the face, PLUS if it's in the cleanser, the toner, and the moisturizer, you're just stripping your skin's acid mantle (natural pH) down and it's overcompensating for the dehydration by trying to produce more oil, thus, more breakouts occur.

I tried Proactive for about 2 years in my earlier teens and it worked okay although the results were nothing amazing. I found that my acne got worst around 17 and 18 so quit using the stuff and finally went to a dermatologist for better medications.

Proactiv is very very dehydrating. You need some hydration in your skin's epidermis, even if you're oilier. I never used it myself. It's not for everybody for sure. I find that people should just go to a dermatologist for acne, because there are 4 different grades of acne, and Proactiv is too aggressive to be too gentle on Grade I, for example, which is the least severe. Benzoyl Peroxide is so drying, and should never be used all over the face, PLUS if it's in the cleanser, the toner, and the moisturizer, you're just stripping your skin's acid mantle (natural pH) down and it's overcompensating for the dehydration by trying to produce more oil, thus, more breakouts occur.
but if it is drying, wouldn't the moisturizer help?
your skin will still try to produce more oil even with the moisturizer? :ninja:

Like I mentioned, I've never felt it on my skin, but I had a client who used it every day and their skin was so dehydrated and tight feeling, and they had applied the moisturizer that day.
Are you using it? If you want to know how to check for dehydration, lift your cheek with the full length/edge of your index finger and if you see tiny lines appear you're dehydrated. You usually need a loupe magnifying glass to see this though.

They sell Proactiv knockoffs at major department stores over here..... They claim to use the same formula and same ingredients, for like half of the price.

I was thinking this would be a good way to try Proactiv...... :huh:

I've tried proactive, it didn't work for me at all, and if it works for you, you have to keep using it or else your skin will go back to bad again..

^:doh: That's the bad part. I also heard that Proactiv is a medicine and like medication, it goes through the liver. So, the lady said something about liver damage if "OD" on. Pfff, she could've been making it up but I do believe the liver part because medications go through the liver.

I don't think it goes through the liver tho...But then again I have no idea about how lotions and stuff goes through the body...but I would never recommend proactive to anyone

Proactiv did wonders for me. But I started to notice that if i skipped a few days I would break out a little bit. My skin was dependent on it. Now I only use it 2-3 times a week and my skin is amazing.

Proactiv did wonders for me. But I started to notice that if i skipped a few days I would break out a little bit. My skin was dependent on it. Now I only use it 2-3 times a week and my skin is amazing.

What do you use on the days you're not using Proactiv? My skin has become dependent on it too :ermm:

Me too. Tell us whatisasofe, what is your regime when you use it only a few days a week?

I love proactive. It has done wonders. i have noticed that my skin has become dependant onit and since i use it everyday it does dry the area out pretty badly. But I just moisturize a lot to counteract it- their renewing lotion isnt that amazing- I tend to used other heavier ones just to conunteract the dryness. I also use one that SPF since the one they provide with the 3 part system doesn't have any. But their renewing mask works wonders as a spot treatment.You do have to use it though- its not a treatmnent where you cant go a day or so without using something to wash your face (even if its another cleanser.) I've had friends complain it doesn't work but they were not very diligent about washing their faces, they would stop using it mid week then start again the next week and complain it didn't do anything.

I've stopped using Proactiv about 3 months ago, my doctor told me I had a mild form of rosacea and that the proactiv was irritating it. but now all my pimples and breakouts are back. im thinking of just buying the cleanser. I've been using a great elizabeth arden moisturizer, so i think it might not irriate my skin if i just cleanse with proactiv.

Me too. Tell us whatisasofe, what is your regime when you use it only a few days a week?

I've finally gotten my skin off Proactiv. Wasn't as bad/hard as I thought it would be, but I did slowly. First I stopped using the toner, then a few weeks later I stopped using the cleanser, and then finally the lotion which I think is the most effective step in the system. In total I got off Proactiv completely in about a month and am so glad I did! There's soo much more beneficial skincare products out there and my skin is so much better from switching.

So about....3-4 days a week I do the whole sha-bang, wash with the cleanser, toner, then lotion, and i usually do it at night, and then when i wake up in the morning i just splash warm water on my face to wake me up. I have noticed when im on my period i ALWAYS get ONE zit. only one, and the proactiv never helps that. but otherwise im always zit free and my skin looks and feels amazing. I haven't had any problems with my skin feeling to dry. I use tinted moisturizer every day as well which is very hydrating.

I couldn't live without proactiv. I know for some people though it simply doesnt work, but im glad it works for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->