Proenza Schouler ss05

Originally posted by mikeijames@Sep 12 2004, 11:16 AM
i really think that proenza schouler is a line for real women. i think some of this stuff doesn't look right on the models because they are zero-percent body fat. those bustier tops and those dresses would look good on a REAL woman with REAL curves. and i think a large part of their design philosphy is about hiding the less-than-flattering aspects of a woman (you can see it in how they cut a jacket this season or how they had those tanks that flowed away from the body a couple of seasons ago)...
[snapback]364640[/snapback]​

Really? If anything, I think Proenza pretty much refuse to design for real women. And their sizes are so skewed. It's ridiculous.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Sep 12 2004, 11:16 AM
i really think that proenza schouler is a line for real women. i think some of this stuff doesn't look right on the models because they are zero-percent body fat. those bustier tops and those dresses would look good on a REAL woman with REAL curves.

If the line is for real women the designer should have shown it on real or at least more meaty women... what type of model a show uses is an artistic choice, and if the clothes are meant to be worn by curvier women, then the designers chose the wrong models. That means they should still be criticized for not being able to present their work in a way that allows for the intended interpretation...

That said, I do like this show. Much better than their last spring collection that's for sure.

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 10 2004, 08:16 PM
not making fun at all...
:flower: :heart:

i never heard that before...but i'm starting to think the only way to get ahead is to lie and cheat and steal... :ninja: :(

which doesn't work for me... :cry:
[snapback]362809[/snapback]​

Hi SG :flower: :heart:

I read about this in an article which was in New York Magazine (I think) They admitted to having other people sew the clothes for their student show at Parsons. (Their friendship with Michael Kors probably helped them a lot also) Not only did this not cause an uproar in the industry, they have been greatly rewarded. It's pretty sad to think that lying, cheating and famous friends (or parents) are the only ways a desigener has a real chance of success. :innocent: :ninja:

:clap: at the skirt :wub:

00650f.jpg

Nice show, a rather coherent line for whom needs to develop, thus to sell, without getting lost for all that totally.

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 11 2004, 10:45 PM

and hotpinky...i completely agree...that gold dress is a definite 'miss'...but i think the collection has loads of wearable pieces...like the gold tank and shorts...and the jackets and skirts... :flower:
[snapback]364129[/snapback]​

I also like the gold tank with shorts. But when I watched the show it seemed a little stiff and not flowing as it appears in the pictures. When the model turned there was no movement on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessRW
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->