Puffy Puffy...

meowmix

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure whether this topic belongs under skin or body, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of a puffy face and puffy eyes besides the obvious sleep..because sometimes even when I do sleep it still happens... :unsure:

I heard that sleeping on your stomach cause your face to swell....that probably didnt help srry :blush:

hmm...tea bags on ur eyes? i heard smthing like that before...

Ugh, finals... anyway, okay this might sound crazy weird, but I heard something about Preparation H? :blink:

How could I forget about that :doh: ... Hemorhoid cream is an excellent emergency tip for puffy eyes. It deflamates the undereye area, and because of it thickness, it hydrates the area. The undereye skin will be ready for concealer, without looking puffy or flaky. :wink:

Originally posted by cat@Dec 16th, 2003 - 9:55 pm
hmm...tea bags on ur eyes? i heard smthing like that before...
Yeah, I've heard that too. Specifically Chamomile tea bags. Also cucumber slices.

The first thing you need to do is drink a lot. I'd recommend some infusion of parsley, cellery and some drops of lemon juice.
the reason for this is that many times puffiness comes from your lymphatic system not working too well. You need to cleanse your body by drinking and the above mentioned infusion helps with this. You need to drink a couple cups per day.

Then wash your face with cold water (as cold as you can take) because it will make your blood vessels constrict (get smaller) and it helps with the 'swell'.

After that use for eyes the hemorroid cream, but don't abuse it. It's a wellknown trick, but it's a cream that is not meant for the area around the yes, so it will help you sometimes but it shouldn't be used on a daily basis.
Also some slices of cucumber on the eyes or tea bags (yep, camomile does wonders...) will help as well.

Sofia

Try getting one of those gel eye masks that you can put in the freezer to soothe tired and puffy eyes.

Hemorrhoid cream is a trick used at catwalks and by models all the time. it's one of theyir must haves.

Sofia

So besides drinking water and not sleeping on the stomach, any other suggestions for puffiness in the face? My face always looks so bloated when I wake up. :doh:

In the morning if your face is a little puffy, put on an icepack/icemask.

Alejandro said:
How could I forget about that :doh: ... Hemorhoid cream is an excellent emergency tip for puffy eyes. It deflamates the undereye area, and because of it thickness, it hydrates the area. The undereye skin will be ready for concealer, without looking puffy or flaky. :wink:

I use this!

I heard about it once and thought 'what they heck, I'll give it a shot' and it does actually work :woot:

Its a bit icky when you first try it (for obviously reasons :lol: ) but you should give it a go meowmix.

Either that or the old trick of keeping spoons in the fridge overnight and then placing them over your eyes in the morning :flower:

Becky_da_da_da said:
I use this!

I heard about it once and thought 'what they heck, I'll give it a shot' and it does actually work :woot:

Its a bit icky when you first try it (for obviously reasons :lol: ) but you should give it a go meowmix.

Either that or the old trick of keeping spoons in the fridge overnight and then placing them over your eyes in the morning :flower:

i do the spoon thing.
works great everytime.

so the preparation H really works!! heard about it but never had the guts to try! i have teh ice mask thing and it doesn't work too well for me. thanks for the tips i guess i'll give it a try if people say it works and its a must have at runways....
Thanks again!!

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PACK YOUR BAGS. This simple anti-puffiness tip for your eyes really works. Soak a cotton ball or pad in chilled Milk of Magnesia (keep refrigerated). Apply under each eye and let dry several minutes to de-puff. Then rinse off with lukewarm water.[/font]

found it here:

http://www.lamasbeauty.com/beauty/solutions/tips_face_skin.htm

But could somebody tell me what is Milk of Magnesia??? I would try it out too, but got no idea about what is that.:ninja:

Try to calm your eyes with tea leaves. Spread in a bowl filled with water. You leave it outside overnight, and when you wake up to take in the morning put in soft towel, press it to separate the water and leaves. Put the towel filled with tea leaves to your eyes, soft press and put it continuesly. Then use the water to wash your face.

It has a different feeling if you compare with tea bags, even if you put on the fridge. The natural tea leaves is really transfer a good feeling in the morning. In Indonesia, people there used to store outside the window in the night, and the tea water in bowl they damp to the hair, face and pat on generously on your eyebrow. That's the ritual beauty recipe from my native country.

The idea behind tea bags is that the tannin in tea helps constrict blood vessels.
I've used it on occasion and it does help a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->