Puffy's Women's Line

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
PUFF DADDY'S GIRLS

SEAN COMBS looked straight to his fashion idol, Ralph Lauren, when searching for a designer for his long awaited women's line. The man once known as Puff Daddy has hired Max Wilson, who resigned from Polo Ralph Lauren in February after 11 years working on the women's collections. Wilson will now report to the rapper-turned-designer himself as he builds the womenswear faction into as impressive a retail force as the six-year-old, $450 million menswear label. "We're talking about clothes that are really sexy, stylish and versatile," Wilson told Women's Wear Daily. "Clothes that reflect my image of him. I see him as the new elegance. He represents a total lifestyle and women have been asking for these clothes for years." For Combs, who models his fashion business on the blueprints of companies such as Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger, working alongside a Lauren executive is just another dream come true. Wearing a Lauren Purple Label tuxedo to accept his award for Menswear Designer of the Year, for which Lauren was also nominated, in June, he offered an anecdote about his early career ambitions. "I was in the Polo store saving my last bit of money to get me a Polo shirt, Ralph Lauren, and now I'm nominated with him," he said. "This is like the American dream. Ralph, you're still the sexiest man on the planet." Sean John womenswear will make up 40 per cent of Combs' autumn/winter 2005-6 show in February. (August 11 2004, AM)

Originally posted by luna@Aug 11 2004, 09:45 PM
I'm curious to see some stuff....
[snapback]328900[/snapback]​
so am i ! what do u think it'll be like? his menswear is a bit :yuk:

Originally posted by princess_tess@Aug 11 2004, 10:49 PM
so am i ! what do u think it'll be like? his menswear is a bit :yuk:
[snapback]329021[/snapback]​

oohh...i'm really looking forward to it. i really really like his menswear line, and im not usually into urban, but i find the clothes (the actual *clothes* not the models for once!) very sexy ^^ :wink:

Originally posted by mishahoi@Aug 12 2004, 12:05 AM
oohh...i'm really looking forward to it. i really really like his menswear line, and im not usually into urban, but i find the clothes (the actual *clothes* not the models for once!) very sexy ^^ :wink:
[snapback]329036[/snapback]​
yeah some of its alright....my brothers have some...but the big baggy jumpers and those garbage bag pants that go "swoosh swoosh" when u walk are yukky

What's next, a Haute Couture line? Excuse me while I go laugh my *** off.

My roommate has a very nice Sean John coat... it's not gross looking at all.. I like some of his stuff.. but a lot of it I find I want to throw into a bonfire.

But Yea.. since there is a designer from Ralph Lauren.. I really want to see... Maybe it will actually be nice... who knows.

Originally posted by princess_tess@Aug 11 2004, 11:19 PM
yeah some of its alright....my brothers have some...but the big baggy jumpers and those garbage bag pants that go "swoosh swoosh" when u walk are yukky
[snapback]329043[/snapback]​

well yeah, even i have boundaries sometimes. i also dont like ANYTHING that actually says "sean john" on it. tacky. although i feel the same about any designer's line...

actually i dont think Sean John and Enyce are similar at all. Enyce si more of a street wear label whereas sean john is more ready to wear ie in mens wear
i think his women's wear is going to be at par with other similar labels like calvin klein, gucci... by the way dont misquote me i dont mean that they produce the same stuff

I'm interested to see what the womens wear will look like. I heard they'll be showcasing at the Sept show.

why does every singer want to be a designer!!! *stick to what your good at!!!*
Puffy's not that good at it.

Originally posted by fullfrontal@Aug 12 2004, 10:14 AM
I'm interested to see what the womens wear will look like. I heard they'll be showcasing at the Sept show.
Puffy's not that good at it.
[snapback]329483[/snapback]​

Haha.. exactly

Originally posted by Spike413@Aug 11 2004, 09:55 PM
What's next, a Haute Couture line? Excuse me while I go laugh my *** off.
[snapback]329125[/snapback]​

I just hate when their egos are all up their ***es, and they even want to put their names on baby food :ninja:

Hadn't you heard, the diaper demographic is the time to start building your brand
:wink:

Oddly enough, I like what gets shown on the runway in the Sean Jean collection. I have never seen anything like it in the stores though. I do remember a few shows ago they had maybe 3 or 4 womens looks that were positively "hoochie". I hope they can create a solid look without that element. You can get that at Wet Seal.

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 11 2004, 07:06 PM
PUFF DADDY'S GIRLS

SEAN COMBS looked straight to his fashion idol, Ralph Lauren, when searching for a designer for his long awaited women's line. The man once known as Puff Daddy has hired Max Wilson, who resigned from Polo Ralph Lauren in February after 11 years working on the women's collections. Wilson will now report to the rapper-turned-designer himself as he builds the womenswear faction into as impressive a retail force as the six-year-old, $450 million menswear label. "We're talking about clothes that are really sexy, stylish and versatile," Wilson told Women's Wear Daily. "Clothes that reflect my image of him. I see him as the new elegance. He represents a total lifestyle and women have been asking for these clothes for years." For Combs, who models his fashion business on the blueprints of companies such as Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger, working alongside a Lauren executive is just another dream come true. Wearing a Lauren Purple Label tuxedo to accept his award for Menswear Designer of the Year, for which Lauren was also nominated, in June, he offered an anecdote about his early career ambitions. "I was in the Polo store saving my last bit of money to get me a Polo shirt, Ralph Lauren, and now I'm nominated with him," he said. "This is like the American dream. Ralph, you're still the sexiest man on the planet." Sean John womenswear will make up 40 per cent of Combs' autumn/winter 2005-6 show in February. (August 11 2004, AM)
[snapback]328787[/snapback]​

It sounds like it'll be tight. I'd buy it if I could actually afford Sean John. I'm so poor. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->