Diddy, Posen & Herrera's Cfda

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Lena, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:shock: i'm completly shocked, what's wrong with American fashion Awards?
    i can't believe the zzzzz boring awards, to people that are not even trained designers..
    not that i was expecting much but this was way dissapointing
    WHY???????
    [​IMG]

Zac Posen, winner of the Swarovski's Perry Ellis award for Ready-to-Wear, left, and Sean Combs, winner of the Menswear Designer of the Year award, right, celebrate backstage at the 2004 Council for Fashion Designers of America Fashion Awards, held in the New York Public Library, Monday, June 7, 2004. (AP Photo/Stuart Ramson)

2. clay

clay New Member

Lena,

How wa the Ferry concert? Ok, back to business. I just heard the P.Diddy award a few hors ago over drinks.
    I thought they were kidding. Even though I bellieve Sean John's line is looking impressive ( 90% of which never hits stores), I do not think he deserves an award.

I must believe in American as it is waht drives me, but come on......

Whats next I do not know, but P Diddy!!!!!!!!!!

3. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

The CFDA makes American fashion look a right joke! Who judges these things?! And Sarah Jessica...give me a break! Just another frivolous display of status and no talent,imo.

4. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

I agree with you guys.

SJP is just lucky she was cast as Carrie. :rolleyes: I hope she thanked Patricia Field.

And P.Diddy menswear? :shock: :huh: :doh: :blink: He DOES NOT even design this. :wacko: Not even fellow nominees like Kors deserved it.

Also for womenswer Ralph Rucci absoluetly deserved this. The fact the HE IS THE ONLY AMERICAN DESIGNER SINCE MAINBOCHER TO DO HAUTE COUTURE should made him win this.

And for RTW, Zac so did not deserve it. :doh: Someone like Tess Giberson does.

5. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

i absolutely agree igni, its a shame for American fashion that Rucci got nothing

for me SJP is not even the slightest stylish :ninja:

6. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

i absolutely agree igni, its a shame for American fashion that Rucci got nothing [/b][/quote]
    I know, Ralph is the only one bringing American fashion to a whole new level.

7. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

Also, Lena I agree with that is was ZZZzzz. Everyone looked so safe, boring.

8. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

You know,I was in shock the year they awarded Daphne and Nicole of Bruce. I couldn't believe they went around their celebrity designer frenzy ways and actually awarded two people who actually deserved it. Too bad that pattern didn't continue and they didn't award someone like Giberson.

Did Miuccia get the international award? See,there again,of all the aceolades she's been given,just seems repetitive and predictable. I would have given that to Dries Van Noten.

And I agree with you both on Rucci. Sad isn't it? To be shafted like that by people who are supposed to know a thing or two about design. They base everything around hype.

9. LolitaLuxe

LolitaLuxe Vision of Paradise

:sick: :sick: :sick:

ive never bought into the SJP hype- ever. i dont think she is attractive either.

someone told me P diddy bought zac posen :unsure: zac still has creative control, but i guess money problems are common :wacko: :sick:

totally boring, i agree.

10. stylegurrl

stylegurrl New Member

It's pretty sad when celebrity names are chosen for fashion awards over trained designers or when popularity wins over talent. IMHO, these awards are becoming less prestigious and are only an excuse for people to dress up and be photographed. :(

11. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

as much as i am disappointed...i am not surprised by any of the picks except maybe carolina herrera. i mean p. diddy can throw a lot of money toward whoever influences these decisions and he's in cohoots with zac posen so it follows (and sjp with hbo just released season six of satc and prada is well prada); but if it was strictly a who's-willing-to-spend-the-most contest, i thought that michael kors and his new corporate partners (or marc jacobs and lvmh) would have insured a win for their womenswear.

12. lele

lele New Member

sean p diddy, please.... that is revolting! and embarrassing!

13. Atelier

Atelier Hoppity Hop

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

He goes through more men than J.Lo.

14. Acid

Acid yes

:dizzy: i was thinking that myself.......he tries to associate himself with whatever is 'in' at the time :sick:

he should marry zac (queen of tack) :sick:

15. lele

lele New Member

that is too funny!!!! he must be that needy type that finds a new best friend every month! you never see him and ashton together anymore... thanks for the laugh!

zac is ANNOYING! :sick:

16. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

Zac Poser's jacket it is quite nice in a camp-kind-of-way...

I don't think much needs be said about the rest :ninja:

17. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

OMG I was just going to say something about that jacket... I love it :heart:

18. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

Haha! Ale, beat up Zac and steal his jacket...you'd look so much hotter in it... :lol:

19. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

I can cut the crap and do my own in two days :innocent:

I love his jacket anyway :cry:

20. datura001

datura001 New Member

Love his jacket??? It's looks greasy and what's with the undershirt thing? I guess that's his version of ghetto fabulous or something...but that's okay, at least he's a real designer, though how real I'm not sure. Ralph Rucci, like every other decent designer, will get his nod from his peers when they're tired of being jealous of his success and respect from people internationally, though I must say, losing to CH is not all that bad, she's doing some wonderful things as well.

Was anyone else surprised to hear that Zac did not officially graduate from CSM's??? I didn't know this...