Purple #30 F/W 2018.19 : The Los Angeles Issue

KateIsGr8

Reaction score
2/14 covers, this issue is dedicated to Los Angeles according to their Instagram:

Grace Hartzel photographed by Eli Russell Linnetz
Styled by Amanda Wall

Mica Arganaraz photographed by Pierre-Ange Carlotti
Styled by Sheila Single

Instagram/purplefashionmagazine

Both covers are just so desperately dumb looking.

I get that this tiresome faux-selfie with a vintage Polaroid filter, and having models look like regular people is all the rage for 45yos desperately seeking the approval of the kidz nowadays. Then why not just let the models dress themselves and take their own selfies???? The vey fact that there’s a “team of professionals” needed to accomplish this for a high fashion publication really just flies over their little heads, doesn’t it…?

Thanks Kate

50/50 in terms of obnoxiousness. Grace is, comme des garçons is, los angeles is, MICA IS... Vaccarello, Saint Laurent. This is fashion for morons, it makes you dread even the word fashion as a whole but nah, it's just shit I'm looking at, there's still good.. somewhere.

^^^ Thanks gbam.

They really couldn't care less about letting everyone know it's all about getting those advertising dollars, and couldn't be more lazy with the effort. All 30 covers are-- you're right Mullet, obnoxious. Tragic.

Anok Yai's profile shot could have been a great cover with a different layout. I even don't hate that Balenciaga jacket as much as I would usually do, it kind of fits in with the colour scheme at least.

Very weak offering this time around! They didn't need all those covers, tbh. Chloe's one looks like something out of Elle, there's something weird happening around Mica's mouth, and Kyle on the cover of an indie?? Original! There's no excuse for such laziness. They've had months to prep this 'ode to LA', which btw, who needs it?? We've got Hedi for that and God knows that's already rather nauseating.

I do like Anok's cover. Stop with the multi cover trend, now!

I'm only interested in the kenneth anger cover (and possible feature?) but i also like karen's cover and mike kelley's, i guess.
I own every purple issue till like a couple years ago and it's sad how uninteresting it gotten :(

You have all the best subjects and give us all the sh*ttiest covers possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->