Questions regarding copyright for editorials.

model_couture

Reaction score
So heres the deal...I'm an active member of the fashion box, which is a forum specifically created for fashion editorials and advertisement campaigns.

There has recently been concern that some content may border on copyright infringement, since sites like bwgreyscale.com have been getting sued for reposting editorials.
Out of all sites, I can't think of one other than tfs that has as many editorials offered to the public. So my question is this: how does tfs avoid lawsuits? I realize that credit is given to the pictures sources, but sites like style.com have agreements on their site that state things like
"The Service contains material that is protected by state, national and international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way any material, including code and software, from the Service. You may download material from the Service and may use the Service for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices."
Is there anyway to archive editorials for public viewing and personal use, without facing serious risk of lawsuits? And how is it that tfs isn't constantly harassed by magazine publications for allowing copyrighted content to be shared with the public?

We obide by the DMCA and will take down any post that is reported to us. Some new policies will be announced soon to address any concerns in this area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaanok
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->