Remastered Editorials

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by aracic, Dec 15, 2018.

1. aracic

aracic Well-Known Member

Lately, I've been considering starting a website with fashion content, but I'm confused about some legal issues and copyright stuff so I seek your advice! I've been wondering if any of you knows whether it's legal (am I allowed to) to post content that's highly remastered - so for example, there are so many bad scans of Vogue editorials that are the only available source on the Internet (in my case I mainly use Vogue Italia Archive which often has awful scans of their old issues) but with some Photoshop editing their quality could be improved a lot. But after editing the picture, it's no longer the original photographer's work - it's nearly impossible to get every pixel of color exactly where it should be, as well as getting the right original lighting and colors of the work in print. I'm dropping an example of my work on a 2000s editorial from VI (right picture is edited).
    If you have any knowledge in this kind of situation, please let me know!

0.jpg 81.jpg

2. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

Hafyiez wafa and aracic like this.
  3. ivano

ivano Well-Known Member

You're amazing!!! God bless you aracic :heart:

aracic likes this.
  4. aracic

aracic Well-Known Member

Thank you very much! Hopefully, I'll be able to set up a website for the rest of my edited contents.

Thank you! The article was indeed quite helpful.

:heart::heart::heart:

Perickles and ivano like this.