Quote Of The Day

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
lagerfeld speaking about kimora lee simmons whe she was still a model...

“It’s a wonderful thing I’ve created with you,” Lagerfeld told Kimora, “but now you’re a $5,000-tote-bag-wearing monster, and for that, I am sorry.”

:woot: :lol:

I like Kimora Lee.
She is a beautiful, multi-faceted woman, who deserves her success.

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 16th, 2004 - 2:25 pm
lagerfeld speaking about kimora lee simmons whe she was still a model...

“It’s a wonderful thing I’ve created with you,” Lagerfeld told Kimora, “but now you’re a $5,000-tote-bag-wearing monster, and for that, I am sorry.”

:woot: :lol:
it's what happens when you go from being employed by fashion to being able to actually afford it...en masse. inhabiting the world of fashion tends to warps one's sensibilities...(but as if karl can talk, he went from plump creator to trim elistist over the years)

Interesting article... its sad...
"She always had the new Prada bag and would laugh at me because mine was from Wal-Mart," says Banks.
:ninja:

Thank you for posting softgrey!

your welcome chocsta...

it seems she exaggerates or leaves out whole chunks of her personal history...she's a nasty
b*tch...i've seen her treat people very very badly...while they grovel and drool over her...i just don't think there's any excuse for her behaviour...it's really shocking and uncalled for...

she's a very fortunate girl..and people might stop hating on her of she stopped behaving like such an evil creature...she obviously has issues...*shakes head*...

imho... :innocent:

It kind of raises that ghost again...I'm kind of wondering if fashion fosters those kinds of ideas or what...I would be totally upset with myself if I somehow made people feel that they were worth something just because they were wearing my clothes. She just seems so out of touch with what's really important and true, like how she was beautiful before Karl "made her".

Is this the reality of fashion for people who are on either side of the line, for both creator and consumer?

Originally posted by datura001@Jun 16th, 2004 - 10:44 pm
Is this the reality of fashion for people who are on either side of the line, for both creator and consumer?
I think there are conceited, rude, cruel people on both sides of the fence... Unfortunately.

And that also goes for the real world as a whole... Unfortunately.

Originally posted by chocsta@Jun 16th, 2004 - 2:51 pm
Interesting article... its sad...
"She always had the new Prada bag and would laugh at me because mine was from Wal-Mart," says Banks.
:ninja:

I'm sure Kimora's teasing was all in fun and that's how Tyra remembers it because I believe they're best friends. I read this article one or two days ago, and yeah, she's pretty full of herself.

And as long as we're talking about KLS, here she is hot off the scanner in Harper's Bazaar July 04!

The message is: I'm rich and you're not,says Robin Givhan, the Washington Post's fashion critic. I found the ads extraordinarily offensive.

Agreed! And this is the same feeling for this article. She's appallingly arrogant and pretentious.

her behaviour is :wacko:

however, I also get :sick: by some comments from Karl :ermm: :boxer: :innocent:

Originally posted by Atelier@Jun 16th, 2004 - 5:53 pm
And as long as we're talking about KLS, here she is hot off the scanner in Harper's Bazaar July 04!
thx for posting that atelier...the article talks about that ad...

Originally posted by Atelier@Jun 16th, 2004 - 5:53 pm
Just for this ad, I am holding a protest at Haper's offices!!!! This is so bad! What next, P. Diddy recreating that YSL nude perfume ad?????

I personally can't stand Kimora, I've said it many times. I find her entire lifestyle incredibly obnoxious, designing "fashion" simply because she has money and assumes that money equals taste, featuring herself in advertisments taken in some mansion depicting her real life, thinking "I am a designer, people should want to see and wear my clothes"..........It's bad enough that New York fashion week holds her show in the same caliber as designers with actual credibility like all the Carolinas and Oscars and Calvins, but now high end magazines like Bazaar and Vogue publish her ads, this is a fashion appocalypse!

For some reason, the article doesn't surprise me.....she seems like a total diva a majorly bitchy diva with nothing to be all high and mighty about, at least Diana Ross and crew have talent, key word there Kimora dah-ling!!!!

yeah, she's alright. she's definitely pretty, but not the most beautiful asian woman i've ever seen. she looks like a lot of the pretty asian women out there, nothing too special. she probably just fits the height requirement.

I dislike Kimora immensely. I don't have anything against those who are wealthy and lead a good life, but I find her to be arrogant and self-centered. Most wealthy people do not make such a show of what they have to the public. They have enough class to keep those details to themselves.

I would not wear her line if I were given the clothes for free. What I have seen looks very trashy and is more suited to prostitutes and bad rap videos. :innocent:

i would love to know where all you people live...the bitchiness exhibited by kimora lee simmons is very commonplace in new york among both the rich and the poor.

i really think there is a strong public backlash against a lot of female celebs that are strong minded and hard-to-please...i've never heard about people like harvey weinstein or any other mogul getting written up for their bad behavior...it's a double standard. a man does it, he's being a take-no-excuses hardball player, a woman does it, and she's a b*tch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->