Quotes - Designers on designers - trashtalk and high praises

papa_levante

oh! darling
Reaction score
[Almost too lazy to see if there was a thread already like it, sorry :doh:]

I saw this on the Elle podcast for this season's Baby Phat S/S'08 show.

The caption read that Karl Lagerfled use Kimora to close his couture shows dressed as a child bride, and....

He now resents her attitude calling her a "$5000 tote bag-wearin' monster."

Any one else?
Any designers about any other designer.

Positive or negative
(though negaive is always juicier)!

I remember once Zac Posen was bad mouthing Marc Jacobs saying something how he doesn't know how to do layering well and that layering isn't putting 100's pieces on top of each other like Marc Jacobs. Something like that.

[Almost too lazy to see if there was a thread already like it, sorry :doh:]

I saw this on the Elle podcast for this season's Baby Phat S/S'08 show.

The caption read that Karl Lagerfled use Kimora to close his couture shows dressed as a child bride, and....
He now resents her attitude calling her a "$5000 tote bag-wearin' monster."
...She had it coming:innocent:

I also heard on frillr.com (so who knows how true it is) that Marc Jacobs was seriously trashing John Galliano........................out of jealousy, I would presume!:lol:

One snap of my fingers and I can raise hemlines so high the whole world’s your gynecologist.
- Donetella Versace

there is a great one of lagerfeld saying something like "ysl is for *****" but i can't find it! :doh: :rofl:

Karl is really hard to hate....I've tried, he's addicting.

YSL and his mouthpiece Pierre Berger have to be two of the most bitchy queens ever. If you were to go by them then there was never a genious before, and has never been a genius since. Tom Ford (while there) was just the tip of the iceberg when it came to their acid tongues. I wish I could remember some.

Tom's responses were usually a very diplomatic way of saying "Well, he's senile so..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Karl is probably the king of good trashtalking qoutes.

I like this one although it isn't about a specific designer more about all the italian upcomming talent in the late 70s.

Italians don't make fashion, they make spaghetti. - Pierre Berger

Some of Karl Lagerfeld's quotes

On Stella McCartney:

"
Chloe should have taken a big name, They did, but in music, not fashion. Let's hope she's as gifted as her father."

"Oh please, how can she be in business with Gucci while posturing in this overly dramatic way? It’s deeply hypocritical of her...Everyone knows Gucci has made zillions of dollars by working with leather."

On Yves Saint Laurent:

"For Yves it was torture, torture, torture… And why tell people that you suffered to make a taffeta dress, when you make the same dress as you did six months ago? Please! People buy your dresses to be happy, not to know about the dramas of a crying alcoholic!"

On Michael Kors:

"With his big smile and gestures, he reminds me of a sales assistant in a Midwest department store - make that on the seventh floor."

(from the Favorite Fashion / Designer Quotes thread)

^^:rofl:
Karl is hilarious!
I wonder if there is a book of famous design quotes like his out there? :unsure:
...i would imagine there'd have to be...
karl is toooooo funny!!!

great thread, keep'em comin'!!

I can recall the zac posen quote on marc about his layering :lol:

A few good ones that come to mind:

“He dresses whores and kept women.” - Pierre Bergé on Valentino

'If you want to see a retrospective of Alaïa, just look at what he's doing now.'' - Karl Lagerfeld on Alaïa

lmao...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheleO
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->