Quotes - Designers on designers - trashtalk and high praises

Donatella's is pure genius. Who'd have known the woman was so hilarious?

hahahahahaha, I almost died laughing. Oh, Kaiser Karl, he is really special. It's true, you just cannot hate him. Also, Donatella' quote is beyond funny.

Some of Karl Lagerfeld's quotes
On Yves Saint Laurent:

"For Yves it was torture, torture, torture… And why tell people that you suffered to make a taffeta dress, when you make the same dress as you did six months ago? Please! People buy your dresses to be happy, not to know about the dramas of a crying alcoholic!"

On Michael Kors:

"With his big smile and gestures, he reminds me of a sales assistant in a Midwest department store - make that on the seventh floor."

(from the Favorite Fashion / Designer Quotes thread)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I TOTALLY AGREE ON MICHAEL KORS! karl is ACID! karl is GENIUS! i keep reading and re-reading interviews and quotes and watching videos and he is everytime genius!

by the way... what does Zac Posen know about layering?

Actually I believe the Zac Posen line was more about shapes. He said something to the affect of, I don't just put on 10 layers of clothing and then call them "shapes". It wasn't about layering.

Karl on the new Balenciaga collection
Lagerfeld didn’t think much of the Balenciaga prints. I saw Lagerfeld last night at Chanel. “Prints are for middle-aged women with weight problems,” he told me.

ouch indeed!
from Cathy Horyn's NYTimes blog.

One snap of my fingers and I can raise hemlines so high the whole world’s your gynecologist.
- Donetella Versace

That's not Versace's quote - it's from the sitcom Absolutely Fabulous.

More Karl Lagerfeld quotes...

On Chanel:

"When I took on Chanel she was a sleeping beauty. Not even a beautiful one. She snored."

Reporter: What would you do if she (Coco) walked in now and said: "What the f*** are you doing with my fashion house?"
Karl: I would say, "Darling, this is no longer your business. F*** you!

On Balenciaga:

"Yves was working for Dior. Other young people I knew were working for Balenciaga, whom they thought was God, but I wasn't so impressed."

I still can't believe Karl would say something like that to Balenciaga :shock:
Balenciaga is the greatest!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->