Radiohead

I loveeee them!! I've wanted to see them in concer for such a long time but its seems close to impossible to get tickets and they don't seem to tour much. My favorite cd of theirs is probably Ok Computer, its just classic. Every song is amazing. I also love the song 'fake plastic trees' and 'anyone can play guitar'- i want this song played at my funeral.

so i wanted to bump this and couldnt find a way to do it other than posting my recently found very own photos of the show :angel: :innocent: :

the quality is crap but i think they should be appreciated for what they are :rolleyes::P :

2-SitDownStandUpI.jpg

4-Idioteque.jpg

5-ThePyramidSongI.jpg

everything in its right place..
11-EIIRP.jpg

there are more but the hugeness of this seems enough :unsure:

Ahhh :D I don't think I have to ask whether it was good. Where's your head btw? It reminds me of that Coldplay video. Who was first? :o:P

Do we have an Electrelane thread? I still have those pics :innocent:

the fine line between using lights as part of the show and using lights to impress people and distract them from crap singles.

if you're an athlete fan, i'm sure you'll know who was first in the group, and who has left them with their nonsense melodies to step in the next level :innocent:

now go and make an electrane thread so i get back my sympathy for you, little b*tch. :furious:

You put that really well madame :lol: I mean Madame, ugh, of course. *makes a bow*

Whaddyamean? Athlete the band? Or is athlete fan the term for a seasoned fan? I like myself when I sound stupid :woot:

more like salope but well. i said athlete fan meaning you.

and i mispelled electralane. my spelling usually goes with my mood. :P

I love radiohead. Ive seen them a couple of times at the hollywood bowl.

My favorite is ok computer, im not liking where they are going now, but they are still good

for years radiohead was my favorite band, now i find them way too involved in what they are. i think they would have bad, pretentious personalities and that sort of puts me off about them. as do most of their fans--similar people, i think.

with that said, they STILL are one of my favorite bands and make incredible music. something about (almost) every one of their albums makes me feel just incredibly high. i love to play their songs on the piano, too. like spinning plates is probably my favorite piano tune.

i find ok computer to be my favorite and musically inspiring album. i think it has some of the best and most musically complex and inspiring songs in our modern society.

i guess what i'm trying to say is, i really really love radiohead's music, i find it to be truly in its own league in terms of creativity and aesthetics and all that cal, but i find the band members themselves a little bit overwhelming. :doh:

i also really want to see them push more musical boundaries. i loved the whole transition from the bends/ok computer/kid a+amnesiac. hail to thief i felt was more of a blend between their albums, though i thought certain songs like We Suck Young Blood and Wolf At The Door were different, in a good way.

God i just realized how long it's been since I actually listened to any Radiohead album besides Amnesiac . . . which was almost a year ago. I tend not to listen to albums I really love, though, so they always stay new and just as good as the first time I listen.

can you please pretty please post that song mulletproof?

do you like them, prince of cats?.

just wondering cause you dont really listen to music of what's supposed to be your time. i mean, not that you have to :unsure:

MulletProof said:
do you like them, prince of cats?.

just wondering cause you dont really listen to music of what's supposed to be your time. i mean, not that you have to :unsure:

My mum likes them, she has nearly all of their albums. I don't mind them.

I'm not sure about the whole ethereal wimpy-ness of their songs, not that I'm in to power-ballads or anything that atrocious but it's all about DEE RYFIM for me... I reckon they need to beef it up a bit and hire some guy in spandex trousers with a Fender Strat to do some decent pyschedelia guitar bits.

And that's about as much sense as you'll get out of me.

EDIT: And the 'h' must go...

PrinceOfCats said:
And that's about as much sense as you'll get out of me.
your paragraph!.. once decoded it's hilarious :lol:

eek, it's weird, my mom introduced me to them as well when i was 10, but unlike you, i didnt find the way out. :P

most of their stuff in KID A isn't very wimpy or melodic i should add..just in case you're one of those rhythm over melody people.
though i'm sure you've been tortured with it already.

Oh my... Radiohead... ah...
Lucky used to be one of my favourite songs of all time- it was a song that was really special to me and my boyfriend about two years ago. He loved it because Thom sings, "Kill me Saraaaah... Kill me agaaaain... with loooove." And my name's Sarah... and so yes, it was just very special. But when we broke up, it was ugly and feelings were hurt, and so the song, sadly, holds lots of weight I'd rather not bring up again, and so I never listen to it anymore.

My point though, is that Radiohead has/had such a huge effect on me, and always will. They're my favourite band, ever.

As for which album I like most... it's hard to say. I like each one for different reasons, but I think Hail to the Thief is my favourite at the moment. Then again, Kid A is a masterpiece too...:heart:

Ah, fugfashion, you've made me want to listen to it as well. *goes to put it on*

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->