Radiohead

:heart: Fake Plastic Trees :heart:

+ anything from THE BENDS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Idioteque

Talk Show Host

Bones

It's strange that this topic came up. Whenever i get to know someone new, i will invariably end up asking them what they're favorite Radiohead songs are. It's not even important to me what the person cites, but the fact that they can cite songs is important to me. It's not even that Radiohead is one of my favorite bands - maybe top 20 at best - but i recognise they are important and anyone who loves music should be aware of them, methinks.

karma police
paranoid android
creep
the amazing sounds of orgy
no suprises

pyramid song...and i love the video rabbit in your headlight

karma police
no suprises
fake plastic trees
anyone can play guitar- probably my most favorite

True Love Waits
Bishops Robes
Killer Cars (live)
Polyethelene
Fake Plastic Trees
Anyone can play guitar
Climbing up the walls
Creep (acoustic)

And their version of "nobody does it better"

Radiohead is my fav band of all time!!!!!!!! <3

tev said:
pyramid song...and i love the video rabbit in your headlight
Though that's not radiohead, I love "rabbit in your headlights as well" I must say, I never quite understood the video though.

Fake Plastic Trees:woot: :shock: :heart:
Nice Dreams
High and Dry
Karma Police
no surprises
everything in its right place

Why are they not on itunes!!! It's so bizarre to me. I honestly don't know all of their songs:ninja: and I count on itunes to give me samples.

I don't blame them for not being on iTunes - in fact, i'm impressed. (I have some issues with the concept of iTunes... :ninja:).

Anyway, i go to Amazon.com whenever i want to hear samples.

bleuFunk said:
I don't blame them for not being on iTunes - in fact, i'm impressed. (I have some issues with the concept of iTunes... :ninja:).

Anyway, i go to Amazon.com whenever i want to hear samples.

Seriously? i-tunes is the neatest and smartest program to broaden a music lovers propective. It's changed the way I listen to music and greatly added to my music collection (and i don't just mean by a number stand point, but by a depth stand point).

I understand that, and i wouldn't even deny that it's had that impact on me. My deal is a bit simplistic and personal though. I know so many people buy the songs that immediately grab them and fill their archives with a bunch of songs that work for them. That's great, but there's no depth or feeling with that. There's no challenge to that.

More importantly (to me) is that many artists put out albums as a collective piece of work. I like to think that Radiohead is among those who do. iTunes takes that away from the artist. When i switched from vinyl to CDs (i always hated cassettes), it took me awhile to get over even the smaller artwork! There is a certain romance to me in sitting around with a pair of headphones on, just listening to a piece of music, taking in the artwork, the liner notes, the whole experience and just focussing on that one thing; that singular event.

I love album artwork, i love liner notes, i love to see who wrote the songs, who played what, who they thanked, all that crap. And iTunes takes that away. I won't argue that it's a great way to be introduced to new music, as is peer-to-peer, etc. But i believe this isn't what it's being used for to a large extent and that is my beef.

I guess i'm just getting old. I should sound like it. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->