RAF by Raf Simons S/S 2006 review

Does someone have more pics from this collection? And, does someone knows the collection will take place the fashion show in future? Maybe in Milan or Paris Fashion Week?

Ok, saw I saw this today in person - it's f**ing terrible :sick::yuk: It's so badly made and so expensive for what it is that there must be at least 1000% mark up from what it originally cost to make.

faust said:
Ok, saw I saw this today in person - it's f**ing terrible :sick::yuk: It's so badly made and so expensive for what it is that there must be at least 1000% mark up from what it originally cost to make.

Haven't seen it but that would have been my guess. The hoodies are sold out on brownsfashion.com. Crap overpriced overhyped designer diffusion popular in the UK? Well I never........

faust said:

This makes me feel a little concerned since we haven´t received the clothes yet... :o

I tried on a white t-shirt with 3/4 length sleeve and a pair of jeans..

.. and i'm quite disappointed.. those t-shirt are made of some kind of cotton/elastan fabric, that just feel awful when worn.. similar to wearing a cycling t-shirt.. :ninja:

the jeans were okay... great fit, but the quality wasn't really convincing..

.. i didn't try on the hoodies, but the quality and the cut looked very plain..

:(

tricotineacetat said:
This makes me feel a little concerned since we haven´t received the clothes yet... :o

I'm sorry tricot, I hope your customers will find it more palatable. Not me, and I love Raf.

At the Bev Hills Barneys they had some Raf Simons mixed in with Raf By Raf Simons and i have to agree with the other people here the items dont look very special at all. I would put it a step above american apparel in quality but then they don't charge 100+ bucks for a simple tshirt/sweat shirt. The jeans weren't anything to write home about either, I'll stick with my tried and true APC's thanks. Come on Raf you could do better then that! At this time only reason to buy it would be to show off that you plunked down a couple of hundred bucks just to have his name showing on your hoodie.

Marquischacha said:
At the Bev Hills Barneys they had some Raf Simons mixed in with Raf By Raf Simons and i have to agree with the other people here the items dont look very special at all. I would put it a step above american apparel in quality but then they don't charge 100+ bucks for a simple tshirt/sweat shirt. The jeans weren't anything to write home about either, I'll stick with my tried and true APC's thanks. Come on Raf you could do better then that! At this time only reason to buy it would be to show off that you plunked down a couple of hundred bucks just to have his name showing on your hoodie.

Not to mention that they cost $330. They are exact replica's of the mainline jeans he's done before... that cost $195, IIRC.

A store here in Helsinki bought quite a nice selection of the RS mainline for next a/w. Their original plan was to mix it with Raf, but they were appalled by the quality and ended up ordering all the tees, sweats and shirting from the 1st line. The buyer also said that there's not much of a difference in the pricing of the two lines excluding tailored items. So what's the point of this?

Some of the denim for next season are actually really nice, pretty clean raw denims that are painted black or waxed, a little bit as in previous Dior Homme collections but still nice. Some of the treatments are costy whereas others are fairly reasonably priced - the PAP however, was bloody expensive (as far as I was explained, due to more expensive fabric and the metal-beadwork in form of crests and college emblems on almost all the outerwear pieces). I couldn´t check the mainline properly but was much more convinced in there, given the fact that it´s addressed customer is much more likely to afford the clothes than with RAF by Raf.

^The coated jeans do sound great...I think it's a bit strange that they kept some really simple jersey pieces in the mainline while launching RAF. The buyer told me that there's around 40euro difference between the sweats from the two collections. Of course the RAF basics are obviously directed to younger audience than the 1st line's classic 'R' shirts and knits, which are also quite reasonably priced. How did the quality of RAF's tailored items seem at the showroom, in the pics you've posted earlier they look quite nice. Much more promising than the jersey.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn´t see much difference in the quality of the sweatshirts and tees from the new winter collection, to be perfectly honest. Most of those from the mainline, though, seemed to be mixed with lycra since they were stretchy and closer to the body - I guess that´s not to everybody´s preferences but I found it appropriate in the context of the sports performance/technical reference of F/W 2006.

tuomas said:
A store here in Helsinki bought quite a nice selection of the RS mainline for next a/w. Their original plan was to mix it with Raf, but they were appalled by the quality and ended up ordering all the tees, sweats and shirting from the 1st line. The buyer also said that there's not much of a difference in the pricing of the two lines excluding tailored items. So what's the point of this?

this is seriously the best news in a while. im glad someone in helsinki is waking up, taking a risk and making finland closer to the european touch. im so excited and i must visit this store later this year!

Is it Union Five that have ordered the main line?

I heard that the FW collection was much better than the first RAF (SS)....

Duffers said:
Is it Union Five that have ordered the main line?

I heard that the FW collection was much better than the first RAF (SS)....

Yep, well the store won't be called Union Five anymore...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->