Raf Simons Footwear - Seven New York

Scott said:
In addition to your picks,I wouldn't mind seeing:Christian Wijnants,Catherine Giacomini((little-known Swede),Robert Normand....maybe Dirk Van Saene as well.

Catherine Giacomini! I just met her a few weeks ago, she's lovely. It's a good suggestion. And Dirk Van Saene definitely ought to be carried somewhere in NY, but I'm not sure it's right for Seven...

Did you?! Wow...I love her stuff,droogist! :heart:

Dirk should,indeed,be carried somewhere. I don't think he's carried anywhere in the country,actually. I guess that's why I suggested him for Seven as they tend to pick quirky things(like said of Veronique Leroy :wink: )...but he has done some things that I feel would fit the mold of Seven's aesthetic,I think.

Thanks Metal for the info.

Since they're expanding CW...I do hope they get some of the stuff on e-commerce :wink:

metal-on-metal said:
Seven is actually dropping Margiela. They aren't allowed to carry it because IF is so close by. So they'll be picking up Kim Jones and expanding Cosmic Wonder and Bless for next fall. They still carry Boudicca, but I don't know what other British labels they could carry. Ann-Sofie Back bombed, predictably, when Seven carried it years ago. And yes, it's true about the Veronique Leroy stuff. I think they got that in this week. Would you believe that prior to this, there was NO STORE in NYC that carried Veronique? Nice to see Seven step in to fill the void.

Thanks for the info :flower: . Agreed about Leroy, her stuff is yummy.

I love the shoes and the jewllery:heart:

It's good they are selling Leroy, i think the only other palce that sells her in America is mameg.

Yeah I was going to post about the Les Hommes but I never got round to it. Looking good but I don't agree with them about what they say of Tom Notte's personality. Hard edged? I hardly think so...if his graduation collection was any indication,anyway.

Scott said:
Yeah I was going to post about the Les Hommes but I never got round to it. Looking good but I don't agree with them about what they say of Tom Notte's personality. Hard edged? I hardly think so...if his graduation collection was any indication,anyway.

Definitely not hard-edged, if one can judge by his looks. A very soft, almost nerdy type. The collections seem almost like a fantasy he is living out through the clothes...

I hate when people get hard-edged(it's such a clichéd way to describe) and sharp mixed. Their work is certainly sharp and precise but never hard-edged. That almost makes them out as aggressives which is not the case at all with their work.

i find the shoes ugly as well, but i'd wear 'em. without a doubt. as for pleasure principle, i'm already a fan of them.

i wonder if the fool's gold tee is somewhat inspired by the stone roses?

cdfoolsgold95.jpg

*image taken from http://thestoneroses.co.uk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->