Rahul Mishra Haute Couture F/W 2021.22 Paris

I'm a sucker for drama and theatrics in couture and I feel this checks all the boxes. But I can't seem to visualise where someone would wear a lot of these pieces. Hopefully NOT in Santorini!

The last pre-pandemic holiday Mishra took with his family was in the Greek island of Santorini, where he returned in spirit to find inspiration for this couture collection. It was a happy time spent with his four-year-old daughter, who kept asking questions, as all little kids do. “Bapu, why the sky is blue? And why the stars are shining?” recalled Mishra. “Her curiosity triggered my curiosity and fueled my imagination. So this collection is dedicated to that trip and to my future dream of going back there with my daughter before she grows up.”

From Vogue
I feel that the inspiration has been taken too literally for a lot of the pieces, and that comes across as an easy route taken to make the collection. The non-santorini pieces are equally exciting though, although the designs are all safe and nothing revolutionary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->