Ralph Lauren Question...

Adore

New/Inactive Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between Ralph Lauren Collection, Black Label, Blue Label, Lauren, and Polo Jeans brands? :wacko:

well...polo jns is a licensee that is actually owned by jones new york...all very casualwear geared mostly for the junior market...

lauren is a lower priced ..very classic line targeted at an older customer

collection is the most expensive and the actual runway pieces

black and blue?...i don't know...isn't black and collection the same...
and i think you forgot polo ralph lauren...which is the blue label...and all the polo shirts and khaki basics

there is also purple label for high end menswear...

i think that's it...

:flower: Here are the current ads for each

• Black label
  • Blue label
  • Collection
  • Lauren
  • Polo Jeans

Attachments

• blacklabel.bmp
    114.3 KB · Views: 74
  • blue label.bmp
    114.3 KB · Views: 37
  • collection.bmp
    114.3 KB · Views: 38
  • lauren.bmp
    114.3 KB · Views: 29
  • polo jeans.bmp
    114.3 KB · Views: 28
so i guess black label is actualyl a female equivalent to the mens purple label...

there is also polo sport...which is activewear...

For women, "Ralph Lauren Collection" is the top, high-end. One or two notches down are the "Ralph Lauren Black Label" and "Ralph Lauren Blue Label" lines, which are sort of diffusion lines but not really. The difference is that the Black Label price points are higher than the Blue Label.

Then, as softgrey mentioned, lower still is "Lauren By Ralph Lauren" which is the better priced line for bigger department store distribution.

For the men, "Ralph Lauren Purple Label" is the flagship line. Then comes "Polo Ralph Lauren" which is less pricey.

"Polo Jeans Co." is for both men and women and the cheapest as well.

Atelier said:
For women, "Ralph Lauren Collection" is the top, high-end. One or two notches down are the "Ralph Lauren Black Label" and "Ralph Lauren Blue Label" lines, which are sort of diffusion lines but not really. The difference is that the Black Label price points are higher than the Blue Label.

Then, as softgrey mentioned, lower still is "Lauren By Ralph Lauren" which is the better priced line for bigger department store distribution.

For the men, "Ralph Lauren Purple Label" is the flagship line. Then comes "Polo Ralph Lauren" which is less pricey.

"Polo Jeans Co." is for both men and women and the cheapest as well.
:flower: beautifully said :clap:

Apart from some of his runway pieces I think it's all uninspiring. His Home collection is quite nice too. (furniture, paints, fabrics etc)

Just a question about his collection pieces in general but regarding this piece in particular, would the jacket be fused or canvassed?

00129.L.JPG

is Chaps by RL a separate line thingo (sorry, not v. familiar with the terminology)

justlooking said:
is Chaps by RL a separate line thingo (sorry, not v. familiar with the terminology)
ok...i just read that ask andy thing that kit posted...
chaps seems to be a licensee like polo jns...
they pay ralph money to use his name...
but i can't remember ever seeing it anywhere... :unsure:
maybe it's sold outside the US?... :huh:

kit...i will endeavor to move it...but whenever i try to move things when i am this groggy...bad things happen... :ninja: :innocent:

You can find Chaps Ralph Lauren at Marshalls, TJMaxx....maybe Kohl's/JcPenney....that's why you haven't seen it anywhere.....it's crap for the most part.

I think that Ralph is introducing Blue Label for men also....there's also Ralph Lauren Sport, etc........

Blue label is actually the standard line, but I think linked somewhere was a post indicating that he will introduce a Black label line (Blue<Black<Purple)

enak said:
Blue label is actually the standard line, but I think linked somewhere was a post indicating that he will introduce a Black label line (Blue<Black<Purple)

Is the Blue label relatively new? It seems like it is....

AFAIK, Blue label is "Polo by Ralph Lauren" which has been around for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->