00190m.jpg
00200m.jpg

00210m.jpg
00220m.jpg

00230m.jpg
00240m.jpg

style.com

the review from style.com:

PARIS, January 24, 2006 – If you can hardly put a cigarette paper between Rick Owens' ready-to-wear and the look of his Revillon fur collection, that's OK by him. "My plan is to do what feels right to me, and then it'll take on a life of its own," he said. In other words, he's wrapping great big tubular chinchilla collars around the necks of pilled-cashmere blanket coats, carving sable into his forward-slanted jacket shapes, and tying on shrugs and mink-lined crocodile scarves with plenty of rock 'n' roll attitude.

Owens has the right to call the shots, of course. He bought the Revillon license, so this isn't a guest gig any more. He makes the rules, and in his own way he's adding a touch of old-school Parisian glamour to the collection, fastening his signature asymmetric pieces with the odd washed-satin bow, and researching and refining archive techniques that work lightness into the fur. This newfound freedom also allows him to stretch the collection. For fall, it includes laundered-faille puffers, bunchy cord coats with a slept-in look, his favorite Munster-style wedge boots, and a couple of his sexy-cool tied-on halter evening gowns. None of this is for people who want their furs, or anything else they wear, to radiate status, but that's the point: You're in Owens' gang, or you're not.

– Sarah Mower

tricotineacetat said:
As far as this collection is concerned, it´s a good one, although I am personally not into fur AT ALL.

Like it or not, but Revillion is a venerable French fur house with a pretty long tradition, if I remember correctly - so there is no getting away from it. It would be the same as if Hermes stopped making leather goods. Not that I'm a fan of fur... Rick Owens, being a smart business man that he is, bought a stake in Revillion several years ago and now designs for it. I personally like this collection as well, and I see what Rick is doing - he is trying to shed the matronly image of the company and sex it up for a younger generation with money.

I wish he would do it if faux fur, then I can whole-heartedly say I like this, beautiful, grown-up, couture-like, even though it is rather joyless. White or some colours wouldn't hurt the sheer purity of this at all.:heart:

Wow, this is one of the only times I can recall actually liking the way fur is draped and utilized aesthetically. It doesn't look garish or ghastly. Quite an impressive work.

faust said:
Like it or not, but Revillion is a venerable French fur house with a pretty long tradition, if I remember correctly - so there is no getting away from it. It would be the same as if Hermes stopped making leather goods. Not that I'm a fan of fur... Rick Owens, being a smart business man that he is, bought a stake in Revillion several years ago and now designs for it. I personally like this collection as well, and I see what Rick is doing - he is trying to shed the matronly image of the company and sex it up for a younger generation with money.

Yes, I agree faust. It´s absolutely inevitable that they are working with furs and leather, it was just my own personal ethics that would keep me away from buying any of those goods (for the shop), regardless of their beauty. Just from an aesthetic point of view, this is very beautiful and I give him credit for that.

perlefine said:
What a pleasant surprise! ^_^ Amazing shapes and twists that make me melt, but that sh*tty fur...

Peta is definitely going to be a prominent trend in his next collection:innocent:

it's dreamily beautiful.
too bad he had to work with fur...
thanks for then pictures!:heart:

Hye Park Lover said:
Peta is definitely going to be a prominent trend in his next collection:innocent:

Suprisingly Owens hasn't registered on PETA's radar yet. They've put too much efforts in pestering Galliano and Mcdonald to really give him some attention. In an interview with hintmag.com he mentions it and how it's all quite funny to him. He's gaining considerable noteriety lately so maybe there will be some catwalk crashes in his near future.

I am totally against fur but Owens makes me wish I wasn't!

the same fur debate as always is starting here, revillon furs probably come from saga furs or scandinavian furs in general wich are the best furs in the world and there for the animals are well taken care off before they are killed for the pelts (saga furs has some videos too, saga minks die instantly when killed with 02 and foxes in 4 to 10 seconds when anally electrocuted) surelly much more than the cows, pigs and chickens most of us eat daily, fur is my guilty pleasure i hate to admit, i´ve always found it extremely beautiful but i always fight against that because it comes from a dead animal but i think that in a fair world no animal should be raised and killed for human´s to eat or dress with but before that happens i strongly recomend NOT to buy Chinesse exported furs, where foxes and minks, if not dogs or cats are slaughtered in an extremely horrible way for their fur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
antago
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->