Richard Avedon - Photographer

does anyone have the HQ's for Dovima's photos with the Elephants by Avedon?

I love the one with the tree trunk! Avedon at his best, :flower: Iluvjeisa

I don't think i've ever seen the last one:heart:Thank you.

Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
does anyone have the HQ's for Dovima's photos with the Elephants by Avedon?

Don't know where i got it from :s

i have one! +others photos of Dovima

2148x2922px. :brows:

2rdkvom.jpg

e999755b.jpg

last one is my favourite

source: my scans :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Vogue Germany February 1994
"Wilde Klassik"
Model: Linda Evangelista

The Fashion Directory

Hi, this is my firt post on TheFashionSpot :wink:
I think this forums are great, and I'm sure you will be able to help me. I'm writing my degree final thesis on semiology of photography, and I will analyze Avedon's work. I wanted to concentrate more on his first years, when he was shooting Dovima and Dior's NewLook for Harper's Bazaar, but I realized that I don't have so many pictures of his sophisticated ladies to work on.
Does anybody know how and where I can find them? I'm actually looking for Harper's Bazaar numbers of that period (from 1947) and I was wondering if anybody of you has something to scan for me (mrsjamesdean... are you there? :wink:) I'd be grateful forever, it is very important to me!

this article is about the model, Dovima, but all the photographs featured in it are by Avedon & it mentions him quite a lot, so i thought it would be just as apt on this thread..

"The Couture Cinderella", 14 page article by Mimi Swartz from Vanity Fair, June 1991, model - Dovima.

scanned by me.

Wonderful. Thanks for scanning.

"Gaia and Tomaso Trussardi,18 years old,do as they please.Free,insolent,proud.Richard Avedon chose them for the Fall Winter ad campaign of Trussardi.A preview."
Jalouse no.3 1997

jalougallery.com

The New Yorker / Nov 6, 1995

Photographer: Richard Avedon

Scans by me

Last edited by a moderator:
:woot: Thank-you Phila:flower:
Those are fantastic......Nadja is such an outstanding model and her work with Avedon always brought amazing results.
Also never seen these pic before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Filanga
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->