richard-nicoll04.jpg

richard-nicoll05.jpg
richard-nicoll06.jpg

richard-nicoll07.jpg
richard-nicoll08.jpg

richard-nicoll09.jpg
richard-nicoll10.jpg

Source: from wwd.com

I love Richard but last season was weak and this is just.. :doh:.. I don't want to be too brain-limited and reduce this to a silly comparison but seriously, we saw it in Paris last season, it's too literal not to think about it. I expect a lot more from Nicoll than 'total inspiration' from someone that's probably just as talented as he is.

For AW09 Richard Nicholl created a collection that was steeped with a mystical and exhilarating sense of British romanticism.
But while lingerie-esque shapes fashioned out of luxurious fabrics in soft pinks, nudes, creams and greys may have been feminine, Nicoll's collaboration with Linder - an artist known for her punk classicism – gave his collection a sexy provocative edge.
Linder's prints – an array of 1950s pin up girls collaged against exuberant details of irises – were plastered on to skin tight dresses that featured built-in corsets and peek a boo tie up details down their sides.
Whether a clear plastic raincoat or a tailored jacket with striking gold leaf, Nicoll's outerwear was as irresistible as his underwear.

Wording + Images from insideout.topshop.com

^ Words out of mouth.

Love it completely.
But, like Chado Ralph Rucci, I hate the prints at the end.
The circular shapes are great.

I really really like this. The undergarment reference is neat and not too literal like other designers.

I really like the palette and materials

it's a shame...when you have British based designers, churning out collections for middle-eastern clients & their climates...some of it works, but there is no way this is aimed for the European stockists.

boring...some of the metallic pieces are nice but would be better if they were shorter

I'm not too keen on this right now but I have a feeling this shall be a collection that grows on me

Some of it I really love but other aspects aren't doing it for me.

There seems to be a lack of lighting on the runway.. It seems a bit dark.

I can't help but to like it despite my gripes. I think it's because the construction + quality of his work is amazing, really lovely to wear :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this!!!!! like robotic fetish workers from the 50's. the construction is superb...perhaps the strongest i've seen from him to date.

I need to process this a lil. Last season was an utter disappointment, this one is certainly better. I agree with Mullet it's looking a bit Paris/Margiela/Balenciaga last season but the results are appealing to me...the eroticism, the constructions, the geometric cutouts. Not a homerun but certainly lives up to my expectation.
Nowhere near his FW08 masterpiece though:heart:

this is beautiful. love the color palette for fall.

I see Balenciaga and Prada in this but i still like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimble
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->