Rick Owens Mens S/S 08

from baudelair, capped by casius.

RO1.jpg

RO2.jpg

RO4.jpg

RO3.jpg

Thanks for all the pics. Lots of nice pieces I'd love to wear.

Checked out some of the pieces that came in early and this season's collection is shaping up to be quite nice.
I can't wait to see the jackets in person, there are quite a few that look amazing.

He does his menswear so much like his women's, I appreciate that. His draping is on a male form is pretty novel, radical even. I don't know if it's a success but it's certainly one of the more innovative ways to do menswear that have been show. I'd say the idea works better in the leather than in the knits, not sure on the toga situations.

Doesn't it remind you a bit of Dior Homme?

^yeah,i think he definitely expresses a more fragile side of men. very delicate,romantic and poetic. i actually think this collection finally seperates somewhat what he does and demeulemeester(since the comparisons are frequent and quite obvious)....whereas demeulemeester is a bit more tailored with her boys,rick is kind of doing something softer and more voluminous.

wow!!! and that model looks like a young Blixa Bargeld!...

wasn't quite convinced about the collection when I saw them on the model but atelier makes the pieces look like gold.

Okay, I know this isn't the right thread...but where the hell is the F/W 08.09 collection!!!???

I love Rick Owens. This collection was spectacular. And I'm agreeing with Scott and Mutterlein about the softness. He'll take something as simple and common as a tee-shirt, drape it and then give it a back seam curving from the center neck down to the lower hem on one of the sides. It's stuff like that which makes me love the sensitive, even tender undercurrent that I think his work has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camnewton100k
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->