Rick Owens Menswear S/S 2025 Paris

As a « mood » and « aesthetic » piece, it's good. However, from a fashion standpoint it leaves me cold. I get what he was going for and usually it's the type of thing that would get me off, but I was left feeling bored and cold.

At least it's an effort. Unfortunate the results are so flat. This is a parody of his better presentations, and a caricature of the brand’s aesthetic. (The poor guys that had to maneuver down and up flights of stairs in those silly stiletto platforms further obstructed by even sillier trains front and back is anxiety-ridden. …One even stumbled in those silly platform moonboots coming down the stairs just ruined the austere otherworldly mood he's attempting to set.)

To compare this to Cleopatra’s entrance in to Rome is a blatant insult to Joseph L. Mankiewicz LOL If I’m in a generous mood, this is the B-roll test shot for Villeneuve’s Feyd-Rautha’s funeral procession that was smart to have been left out.

He is the biggest libtard ever. Putting on a show with an “army of love” to “express unity in the face of peak intolerance” is the most bland blanket statement you could possibly say ever if you’re claiming you stand for something. Everyone knows what you’re referring to but you purposefully stay vague to not upset anyone that could possibly buy your shoes. Now everybody say love!! Shut. UP.

to me it looks more like extremely static versoion of this
10-23873.jpg
matcha-jp
how to use time, space, place and smoke and model wave was poor. and made the show go flat.
it's clear that he doesn't have great team members.
unfortunate for him, but letting talented people gather around is also one of good designers' qualities. I'd say it's largely his fault.

He is the biggest libtard ever. Putting on a show with an “army of love” to “express unity in the face of peak intolerance” is the most bland blanket statement you could possibly say ever if you’re claiming you stand for something. Everyone knows what you’re referring to but you purposefully stay vague to not upset anyone that could possibly buy your shoes. Now everybody say love!! Shut. UP.
Relax buddy

I was expecting a mass suicide at the end, because this looks like a sect parading just minutes before drinking poison to move to their beloved paradise. Same monster shoulders, same glam rock boots, same everything...

If Tyrone was supposed to look like the High Priest of the sect, Rick failed...he reminds me of drag-queen version of Kylie Minogue in "Can´t get you out of my head" video.

68226d3e95e2cd642693f89a5824b11a.jpg

pinimg.com

Didn't know I'll see a personality like this on this forum. Interesting.

This past weekend at Pride, I saw a gaggle of gays dressed head-to-toe in Rick, all black, big sunglasses & Kiss boots incl'ed. I wonder if this is his way of acknowledging the fact that his fans can be rather cult-ish in their devotion of him (just like 45!)

I consider myself an old fart in the current woke fashion climate, but I have to admit this man is quite hot in a mini dress, thigh-high boots and heels

RickOwens_MensSS25_Backstage_AcielleStyleDuMonde-003RZ.jpg
Vogue Runway

Some great outerwear, peaked/horned shoulders, and a lovely crackled effect on the leather jackets. But I just wish he would return to what he used to do, creating clothes that have more realism and a connection to the street. The circular headwear on one of the parades of looks I guess were supposed to look like haloes in medieval or byzantine art, but to me they just liked like elbow macaroni.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vseroff
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->