Rick Owens S/S 2015 Paris

The tepid applause says it all....what happened? This is one of the most uninspired I've seen from him. Sad.

This is just so beautiful, I love everything about this collection :heart: Every three or four seasons Rick Owens just completely nails it for me in terms of presentation, theme and design. I could have done without the few looks with the multiple-sleeve collars, but the rest is fabulous.

I'm usually a big fan of Rick and his collections. But this time around I'm not entirely sure about this collection, I like how wearable it is and the shoes are insane! Zoom in on the shoes cause they're a real killer. The tulle is worked in a interesting way, as he himself said; making the tulle look 'brutalist and raw', which he definitely succeeded in this collection.

Personally I don't relate to the color scheme, I miss Rick's black clothes, here we get a 'late-fall garden after a rain' mixed with zombie/death kind of colors. I mean? Who doesn't wear all black all year long?

Also, taking the men's zombie body-make up is slightly redundant.

some days ago when he had a verbal diarrhea at howtospendit that went a little like this...

The spring collection is named Faun (men’s and women’s collections have the same title) and references Claude Debussy’s L’après midi d’un faune – music I grew up listening to from a cultural period that became an aesthetic touchstone for me, encompassing cubism, Stéphane Mallarmé, Léon Bakst, the Ballets Russes and early-20th-century modernism. The legendary premiere of the ballet choreographed by and starring Vaslav Nijinsky was set to this music, and I was thinking of the storyline of the faun chasing the nymphs, climaxing with the faun masturbating over the scarf left behind by one of them. A primal moment captured in a stylised formal setting.

It was an historical moment of the new guard attacking the establishment – a dramatic display of something crude and barbaric that made what came before it seem dated and fussy.

Artifice and the id are a combo that informs almost everything I do, and I always think of the sculptor Constantin Brâncuși and performance artist Joseph Beuys to get there.

... I figured I should actively avoid looking at pictures of his show. But I didn't :smile:lol:smile:. And it's actually not so bad. Maybe he realized it was becoming the saddest circus, or maybe his attention's now 100% on his naked torso, either way, this is a bit reminiscent of his pre 2007 stuff... the transparencies are beautiful and whatever is happening in this jacket is amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
am i the only one who feels this is a bit bruno pieters-esque? reminds me of his first few p-a-p collections. i don't hate it...it looks well made and beautifully done but it's a bit too regurgitated. i guess after so much energy putting into his much-buzzed productions maybe he felt a bit lacking in the inspiration department?

likeable and wearable but not his most ground-breaking work. still better than many, though, to me.

Yeah I agreed it's not his ground breaking but it's beautiful and wearable. To me it wasn't bad at all I quite like it actually.

To me this collection is stronger than his latest menswear collection. Although the title of this is the same with menswear-"Faun", but i get the strong vibe of Japanese culture. I really like the white ladies, they look like a type of Japanese ghost, "Yurei" ( i know there is another type that look alike the ladies in the collection but i dont know the exact name.)

I just wish he was held the show at the old runway, with some intersting trick for the stage. That would be a great impact to the collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ktkees1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->